1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Fibromyalgia associated with vasovagal syncope journal article

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia' started by Allyson, May 13, 2013.

1. Allyson

Allyson *****

Australia, Melbourne
  2. Shell

Shell Senior Member

England
    That's interesting Allyson and makes me think they are finding similar results to Dr Patrick Woods Dopamine Theory of FMS. His research has been linked with research suggested that FMS is a form of hyperadrenergic POTS.

I wonder how many people dx with FMS end up with some flavour of dysautonomia dx as well (In my case IST) and that leaves me wondering whether FMS exists as a rheumi disease at all and whether, in fact, it is ANS rooted.
    I wish we could get standing dopamine tests easily.

Hyper POTS is problems in epinephrine to norepinephrine leading to poor dopamine production. If people with FMS have either low dopamine or poor dopamine uptake then it all seems like the same thing to me (but my brain is a solid mush of fog right now)

See more popular forum discussions.