• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fibromyalgia and Weather Changes

Misfit Toy

An allergist that I just went to wanted me to have another Vitamin D test. I was ready to have it done but I had to sign a consent that I would pay for it if medicare didn't cover it. The cost would have been $236.00. Crazy. Anyway, I didn't have it done. I seriously can't afford another thing or mishap right now.

The allergist said that lack of vitamin D is huge. I am only on 5,000 IU of Vitamin D. When I see her again, will go over this with her.

Ema

Medicare often declines to cover Vit D. Not sure why. I'm in the process of appealing it. Unfortunately I got stuck with the $236 bill even though the test costs about $50 through econolabs.com or the like. It makes me so mad that they charge the patients least able to pay full retail price and mark it down for insurance.