1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Fibromyalgia and Weather Changes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia' started by Misfit Toy, May 16, 2013.

1. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

An allergist that I just went to wanted me to have another Vitamin D test. I was ready to have it done but I had to sign a consent that I would pay for it if medicare didn't cover it. The cost would have been $236.00. Crazy. Anyway, I didn't have it done. I seriously can't afford another thing or mishap right now.

The allergist said that lack of vitamin D is huge. I am only on 5,000 IU of Vitamin D. When I see her again, will go over this with her.

2. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Medicare often declines to cover Vit D. Not sure why. I'm in the process of appealing it. Unfortunately I got stuck with the $236 bill even though the test costs about $50 through econolabs.com or the like. It makes me so mad that they charge the patients least able to pay full retail price and mark it down for insurance.

See more popular forum discussions.