Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Fever Therapy

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by drob31, Feb 22, 2017.

1. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

I came across some interesting threads about Fever Therapy, which is kind of the opposite of Cold Thermogenesis. In any case, the theory is that you bring your body temperature up to a controlled fever for a short period of time, and do this repeatedly over weeks/months while taking some days off. This is supposed to kill off bacteria like Lyme and possibly other viruses or co-infections. Anyway I thought I would share this since some people seemed to have success with it:

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/ly...t/420075-how-i-used-fever-therapy-for-my-cure

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/ly...upport/381563-heat-lyme-hates-heat-loves-cold

SueJohnPat likes this.
  2. IreneF

IreneF Senior Member

San Francisco
    Fever therapy was used until the 1940s, when antibiotics came into use. Doctors would infect someone with malaria to kill off syphilis, for example. Seems like out of the frying pan . . . .

Personally, I'd rather take antibiotics.

barbc56 likes this.
  3. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

Anecdotally, one of the thread starters said "Dr. says that antibiotics ability to destroy the Lyme is multiplied by 16 times by doing the fever therapy"

Mel9 likes this.
  4. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

Was there a citation for this?

5. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

It's anecdotal, but I'll see if I can find any supporting evidence.

barbc56 likes this.
  6. valentinelynx

valentinelynx Senior Member

Tucson
    I've read of people going to Germany to have this done. Including Yolanda Foster (now Hadid) the Real Wives of Beverly Hills star who made big news about having Lyme disease in the past year. A lot of people go to the St Georg Klinik. Not saying it's a good thing to do, but a lot of desperate people seem to give it a try.

7. Belbyr

Belbyr

I went to a place in Reno that does this. I did oral antibiotics for a year. Then IV&oral for 2.5 years. Then after that failed tried doing 'fever' therapy along with ozone for about 6 months.

Still sick and no better. Determined I most likely don't have lyme and just have POTS/CFS...

See more popular forum discussions.