• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Feeling restless but extremely fatigued at the same time

I've been sick since 2010 and now it's getting so horrible that i can't even get out of bed. I'm extremely fatigued but at the same time can't fall asleep or can't relax. I just keep looking over websites and stuff instead i should be restful in bed. I get over 10 hours of sleep during the night to no avail. I'm worse week by week and don't know how this will end :(

taniaaust1

Im not sure by your post is its "wired but tired" thou competely exhausted (eg feeling hyper almost while at same time as exhausted) or just having sleep issues thou exhausted.

People may be able to suggest things if we know which of those two things your issue is and treatment would differ

That is probably right description. I have the urge, the need to solve my health problems because I'm getting worse day by day and have "red alarm" that I need to do something asap but on the other hand I'm so, so exhausted I don't know how is this even possible when I have such a good clean diet and no other stressors in life.

I'm waiting for US doc to reply and to have first consultation with him, hopefully he could offer some solution to this crap.

Shell

I get the tired but wired thing, especially on the edge of a crash. I am guessing (in my case at least) that it's to do with norepinephrine and adrenalin. I am being investigated for a form of hyperPOTs and I reckon it's nearly certain I have hyperPOTS because of a long history of FMS.. You may find there's some "adrenal fatigue" or whatever its supposed to be.
I really hope you find some answers and treatment soon.

*GG*

I've been sick since 2010 and now it's getting so horrible that i can't even get out of bed. I'm extremely fatigued but at the same time can't fall asleep or can't relax. I just keep looking over websites and stuff instead i should be restful in bed. I get over 10 hours of sleep during the night to no avail. I'm worse week by week and don't know how this will end :(

Do you feel rested after getting 10 hours of sleep?

GG

PS Why not go see Dr. Kenny De Merleir? Or is that still a long way for you?

taniaaust1

Wired but tired feeling I personally find I get it when I have over done things. Its one of my symptoms that tells me I really need to cut back on the daily life stuff (what Im doing as a base line thing) as what Im doing isnt sustainable (and will at that point be making me overall worst instead of going the other way of a long slow improvement).

A couple of things which could be considered for "wired but tired" is Klonopin (said to help slow down the nervous system) or Clonidine (which helps lower adrenaline/nor adrenaline). With the Clonidine.. testing can tell you if you are getting abnormally high adrenaline at times or not (dont trial it for "wired" symptom unless tests indicate abnormality). But most importantly if you are getting that symptom, it usually means you are needing to cut back on your daily activities.

soxfan

Even though I am extremely tired in the afternoons and must lay down I totally can't rest and relax. My body is so hyped up it can't settle down. This happens even if I haven't done much of anything during the day. It doesn't seem to matter if I have been out doing errands or home reading...whenever I try to relax it will not happen.
I seem to always be in the flight or fight mode continously.

What is Clonidine? I have Klonopin but it really doesn't help with the wired but tired problem. It just makes me sleepy but not really relaxed. I just feel that I am either hyper or tired....or both at the same time.

I sleep very well now on my combo of .50 klonopin and kavinace but still don't ever feel like I have had a good nights sleep.