• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Feeling poisoned

Wifi123

Hello wifi, do you mean me?

I guess I could say I have those symptoms except for the headaches and sleeplessness. Why do you ask? Thanks

Yep K, I just abbreviated your name. Many people suffer from feeling poisoned by the leeching of mercury and silver out of amalgam fillings, and other metals from metal-based ceramic fillings and dental caps and root canals. Have you any dental implants in your mouth, any other implants?

I had all my amalgam fillings, dental caps and root canals removed and it made a great difference bringing it back from EXTREME to manageable and mild.

aimossy

yes it does wifi but weird cos kinda feels like it starts in my gut and radiates to places from there.

knackers323

Yep K, I just abbreviated your name. Many people suffer from feeling poisoned by the leeching of mercury and silver out of amalgam fillings, and other metals from metal-based ceramic fillings and dental caps and root canals. Have you any dental implants in your mouth, any other implants?

I had all my amalgam fillings, dental caps and root canals removed and it made a great difference bringing it back from EXTREME to manageable and mild.

Hi yes, I did have two amalgam fillings that were put in around the same time I got sick but I'm pretty sure I got them after my illness started. Anyway I got them both taken out about ten years ago and it didn't help much.

Wifi123

Hi yes, I did have two amalgam fillings that were put in around the same time I got sick but I'm pretty sure I got them after my illness started. Anyway I got them both taken out about ten years ago and it didn't help much.

When you had them removed ten years ago, did the dentist use safety precautions in removing them, such as place a plastic membrane dam in your mouth to catch all the debris, and used oxygen while drilling the amalgam out? Did you have those fillings replaced with pure ceramic fillings or metal-base ceramic fillings?

The safety precautions during removal are very important, because if they didn't use a dam or oxygen then you would have probably swallowed much of the debris of amalgam and inhaled the mercury fumes that excrete from the fillings as they are being drilled out.

This would cause a metal toxicity in your body, and if they were replaced with metal-based ceramics then the metallic ions will be released into your system. It's very complex and is another reason why so many still suffer after believing they were taking the right measures, when the dentist wasn't!

Therefore, you haven't had any further dental work with any form of metal-based implants, or root canals or dental caps?

Wifi123

I have it essentially in my chest and spine. How about the others?
Do you have breathing problems, and a bad back? When you say chest, are you saying on the outside and along the rib cage? If you have tingling of the spine, then does it go to your ankles and feet?

aimossy

I have had tonsils out. initially thought that was my prob after first getting ill.they were a mess tho.but not my cause.prob did not help im sure looking back.

knackers323

When you had them removed ten years ago, did the dentist use safety precautions in removing them, such as place a plastic membrane dam in your mouth to catch all the debris, and used oxygen while drilling the amalgam out? Did you have those fillings replaced with pure ceramic fillings or metal-base ceramic fillings?

The safety precautions during removal are very important, because if they didn't use a dam or oxygen then you would have probably swallowed much of the debris of amalgam and inhaled the mercury fumes that excrete from the fillings as they are being drilled out.

This would cause a metal toxicity in your body, and if they were replaced with metal-based ceramics then the metallic ions will be released into your system. It's very complex and is another reason why so many still suffer after believing they were taking the right measures, when the dentist wasn't!

Therefore, you haven't had any further dental work with any form of metal-based implants, or root canals or dental caps?

Yes I think it was all done correctly. And they were replaced by some kind of epoxy stuff I think. It wasn't metal. I forgot to mention that this heat feeling is predominatly in my head and torso and gets less the further down my body and I don't feel it in my legs at all. Could it be as simple as blood pressure?

Marlène

Do you have breathing problems, and a bad back? When you say chest, are you saying on the outside and along the rib cage? If you have tingling of the spine, then does it go to your ankles and feet?

No I don't have breathing problems. It is inside my ribcage, like a burning fire. And it's inside my spine, also burning feeling going up to my brain.

My feet tingle when I sit on a chair.

Wifi123

Well, all I can say now is that possibly all what you are suffering from could be from non-ionised radiation from mobile phones, DECT phones, Wi Fi, and wireless computers/modems/routers.

Wifi123

I do and I'm sure the neighbours would have it too. What is the radius on these devices?

Wi Fi hotspots are usually 100 metres and Wi Max transmitters usually 30 kilometres. It's not always Wi Fi, but DECT cordless phone as they can have a range in an area of up to 700 metres.

How soon after eating 'bad stuff' do you guys feel the bad effects?
I've been rigidly following Stone-Age diet for about 3 months, which was really hard as I was a vegetarian before. Now my diet is fish, meat, veggies, salads. I have completely cut out all grains, diary, all sugars, fruit < to test for a fermenting gut> and most carbs, although I still have the occasional pumpkin/squash curry as I was losing too much weight. I've also cut out all refined foods, so no heat-and-eats and I make everything from scratch <that was also hard when I had next to no energy in the beginning>. I try to buy organic as much as I can <when I can afford it> and it's worked quite well so far.

I know what you mean about having a poisoned feeling with overall malaise and a sort of all over tremble and I haven't had that for a while now. However I made some muffins with coconut flour and oil and probably didn't think when I added some honey <that still seems to count as a refined sugar> and some baking powder. Within 20mins of having one I felt an energy drain. It wasn't severe but definitely there and still lingering a couple of hours later. I am really surprised that it has such a quick effect as other people here don't seem to feel it until the next day? Maybe as I have been to rigid up to now I have increased the sensitivity... I wonder if that is possible?

Any thoughts please?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I can feel ill immediately after eating something I'm intolerant to. And for hours afterwards.

You sound like you're doing a good job with your diet - its hard isn't it having to cook everything from scratch. I can do it most days but sometimes...
I go to McDonalds and have a plain chicken salad and fries when I'm fed up or desperate, its carbs but I do think we need some - well I do, can't do the no carb - maybe I'll never get well...........

So know that 'fed up or desperate feeling'. I tend to cook in bigger batches and freeze some for those off days. It's difficult to eat out though <she says only having been out twice in 5 months> as restaurants are desperate to smother everything in sauces and everything in the coffee shop comes in a bun or similar. You can't go wrong with a packet of nuts I suppose :)

Sorry meant to say 'Thanks maryb' - good to know it not just food oversensitivity which I've introduced myself.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@Katzz
oh don't get me going on nuts!!!
a few weeks ago I had some walnuts at about 8pm - they re-emerged at 2.30am the following morning and I've been sick and nauseous ever since...... maybe a lack of stomach acid - I don't know but just going to try an a/biotic which I don't really want to do but fed up with feeling so bad.