Phoenix Rising tells QMUL: release the PACE trial data
Mark Berry, Acting CEO of Phoenix Rising, presents the Board of Directors’ open letter to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) urging them to release the PACE trial data, and hopes that other non-UK organisations will join British charities in the same request...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Feeling ill after eating

Discussion in 'General Symptoms' started by Ekaterina, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Ekaterina

Ekaterina

Russia
    Hi, guys!

I always feel ill after eating (in 10-15 min). I start to feel like I have a flu or like I got an injection of poison. The intensity of symptoms depends on the food that I eat. When I eat dietary food like oil free meat, fish, cereal this feeling is not too strong. But when I eat any fatty food, drink coffee or soda these flu like symptoms are very very strong, and the same situation with taking any medication. At night when I don't eat I feel almost normal. Has anybody here the same problem? And what can be a cause? I know that my problem is in gut, when I take probiotics I feel better and this postprandial symptoms are not so severe. But I'm interested in a possible mechanism. Any thoughts?:) Thank you

Ellie_Finesse and Mesurfer like this.
  2. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    Could be candida, IBS, Food allergies and sensitivities to name a few. Do an elimination diet and figure out which one is causing the most problems and stop.

I can tell you with IBS, caffeine and fat are very bad for it. Sugars are bad for candida.

You have to figure out exactly what is causing the problems.

Ekaterina likes this.
  3. PDXhausted

PDXhausted Senior Member

NW US
    Hiatal hernia, liver or gallbladder or pancreas problems, SIBO also come to mind. Actually IBD should also be considered... Crohn's can manifest anywhere in the digestive system and can cause inflammation that could feel flu-like.

hellytheelephant and Ekaterina like this.
  4. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    Right now the path of least resistance for you is an elimination diet. Imo.

You say you know it's gut. You feel better after Probiotics. You know certain foods cause problems. That says a lot. I'd start there.

Ekaterina likes this.
  5. Mesurfer

Mesurfer

PA/NJ
    I have this EXACT same problem. I've been sick for 15 yrs and it was worse in the beginning. Every time I eat I have to excuse myself from everyone bc I feel so sick and usually depressed too. I doesn't matter what food I eat. I always just figured it was the blood going to my stomach instead of my brain which would then trigger these symptoms but I don't know for sure??? If you ever find out what it is please let me know.

Ellie_Finesse and Ekaterina like this.
  6. kangaSue

kangaSue Senior Member

Brisbane, Australia
    Gastroparesis also fits the picture. Basically the spontaneous movement of the muscles (motility) in your stomach does not function normally, symptoms can include early satiety, complete loss of appetite, abdominal bloating, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, constipation or diarrhea, heartburn or gastroesophageal reflux, malnutrition from malabsorption.

Gastroparesis has several etiologies which can encompass abnormalities at 3 levels--autonomic nervous system, smooth muscle cells, and enteric neurons so it's not a case of one size fits all.

Fats and fibre make things worse for most people with this so trial a low fat, low fibre diet and have smaller meals more frequently if you can.

Ekaterina and xrayspex like this.
  7. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    when you say "fatty foods" I wonder if you are refering to like takeaway kind of foods which are usually high carb. I have hyperinsulinemia and I can get a reaction a short time after eating due to this (the carbs) including like a hit to my immune system (it can actually also give me a sore throat). Fish (non crumbed) and other diet foods which have less sugar and less carbs will cause less of issues if you have carb problems. If hyperinsulinemia is your issue, a 2hr glucose intollerance test but one with the insulin levels included can pick up this.

Food intolerances also can cause quite fast reactions, many of us are intollerent to caffeine.

Ellie_Finesse and Ekaterina like this.
  8. Frank1918

Frank1918

Scotland
    Hi Ekaterina. I have similar problems. In the absence of any explanation, I've been assuming it falls under the umbrella term 'stress' i.e. the burden of digestion upon exhausted organs. Of course it could be anything - leaky gut, IBS, food intolerances, etc. Heavy meals seem to cause me the most problems, or eating when I'm particularly tired. Then it's brain fog, increased fatigue, and sometimes neck stiffness, migraines etc. Interestingly, a strong cup of coffee, has on occasion, cured these early symptoms. On one occasion this happened within five minutes! Be well.

Ekaterina likes this.
  9. shedacares

shedacares

philippines
    i hope this can help.. i have been feeling weird before but not as ill as you described.. always after eating i feel very weak and sleepy... i started to change my diet.. and every after meal i consume fruits and veggies.. even single serving will do...i go from papaya, or any other fibrous fruits.. i prefer papaya because it is easily found in our vicinity..it helped me a lot..go for products which are all natural....which contains fennel, wormwood, aloe and cardamom :)

Ekaterina likes this.
  10. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
  11. shedacares

shedacares

philippines

See more popular forum discussions.