• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Feeling Cold With Methylcobalamin

cman89

I have been doing the Methylation Protocol off and on since November, and I have seen some very random results with it. I take sublingual Methyl B12 at least every other day, and Adeno b12 two to three times a week. I take Metafolin, Acetyl-L-carnitine, and potassium, plus Vit C and multi-vitamin. I do notice a seeming increase in ability to exert myself with the Adeno b12, but aside from some increased energy, the Methyl-b12 does not seem to be doing much. In fact, when I do take it, it makes me really cold, and it not a pleasant side effect. What could be causing the cold issues? This only happens with Methyl b12 or caffeine, nothing else. On the other hand, the benefits are enough that I do want to keep taking it. Any ideas? Also, the B12 seems to be ramping up immune response, in that a cold i have had for almost three weeks now has not resolved itself. Nasal/sinus congestion has lingered rather uncomfortably for some time, and I would like to diminish that.

Avalon

I have been doing the Methylation Protocol off and on since November, and I have seen some very random results with it. I take sublingual Methyl B12 at least every other day, and Adeno b12 two to three times a week. I take Metafolin, Acetyl-L-carnitine, and potassium, plus Vit C and multi-vitamin. I do notice a seeming increase in ability to exert myself with the Adeno b12, but aside from some increased energy, the Methyl-b12 does not seem to be doing much. In fact, when I do take it, it makes me really cold, and it not a pleasant side effect. What could be causing the cold issues? This only happens with Methyl b12 or caffeine, nothing else. On the other hand, the benefits are enough that I do want to keep taking it. Any ideas? Also, the B12 seems to be ramping up immune response, in that a cold i have had for almost three weeks now has not resolved itself. Nasal/sinus congestion has lingered rather uncomfortably for some time, and I would like to diminish that.

Very interesting that you have nasal / sinus issues, I also have a cold that has lasted 5 weeks, Methyl B12 makes my nasal congestion worse, particularly at night. I note that if I stop B12 my nasal congestion goes away after a few days.

cman89

Yeah, it seems to ramp up the immune response, which in normal circumstances is good, but can be irritating. fo rmany ME/CFS people its probably best to have immune system regulated or at least not over activated