1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Feel extreme head pressure/exploding head/PMS

Discussion in 'Hormones' started by leaves, Sep 11, 2011.

1. leaves

leaves Senior Member

So this symptom is definitely hormone related for me, but maybe guys have it too? I am doing quite well lately only I have this scary and weird new symptom that my head is under extreme pressure, like it is going to explode. really scary. It does not last the whole day, just a short while, sometimes less than a minute. I also had 2 times "exploding head syndrome" (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome) and I heard a very brief (2 sec) very loud sound.
    Any suggestions/ experiences welcome here! It is totally freaking me out :)
  2. kat0465

kat0465 Senior Member

Texas
    Leaves, don't have a clue whAt it is. But I get it from time to time. Its been so severe I was prepared to wake up In the hospital, or not at all!!
    The pressure is so Intense,im afraid my head will cave in. And like you it dosent last but a few minutes. Although I've had it 3or4times in one day.

Kat
  3. leaves

leaves Senior Member

Hey Kat,

So sorry you have it too. Yes it really is a terrible feeling. like your brain is bursting out of your head or something, or something terrible is about to happen. I wish I knew what it was.. are your hormones a factor?
  4. merylg

merylg Senior Member

Sydney, NSW, Australia

See more popular forum discussions.