1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Feel extreme head pressure/exploding head/PMS

Discussion in 'Hormones' started by leaves, Sep 11, 2011.

1. leaves

leaves Senior Member

So this symptom is definitely hormone related for me, but maybe guys have it too? I am doing quite well lately only I have this scary and weird new symptom that my head is under extreme pressure, like it is going to explode. really scary. It does not last the whole day, just a short while, sometimes less than a minute. I also had 2 times "exploding head syndrome" (https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome) and I heard a very brief (2 sec) very loud sound.
    Any suggestions/ experiences welcome here! It is totally freaking me out :)
  2. kat0465

kat0465 Senior Member

Texas
    Leaves, don't have a clue whAt it is. But I get it from time to time. Its been so severe I was prepared to wake up In the hospital, or not at all!!
    The pressure is so Intense,im afraid my head will cave in. And like you it dosent last but a few minutes. Although I've had it 3or4times in one day.

Kat
  3. leaves

leaves Senior Member

Hey Kat,

So sorry you have it too. Yes it really is a terrible feeling. like your brain is bursting out of your head or something, or something terrible is about to happen. I wish I knew what it was.. are your hormones a factor?
  4. merylg

merylg Senior Member

Sydney, NSW, Australia

See more popular forum discussions.