• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Feel better on Prednisone?

m1she11e

Just to double-check: So you've had at least one brain MRI done, is that correct? That would be the most definitive test for MS, if I understand correctly.

There's definitely some sort of inflammatory process that's a part of my ME/CFS, I agree with you.

Yes, I've had several MRI's of the brain and spine with and without contrast over the years. It seems many people with CFS/ME have symptoms very much like MS.

Crux

Yes, I've had several MRI's of the brain and spine with and without contrast over the years. It seems many people with CFS/ME have symptoms very much like MS.

I forgot to mention that even though I haven't been diagnosed with ME or MS, I've had many other neurological symptoms that people with ME and MS have : optic neuritis, numbness in areas such as the lips and tongue, to hands and feet, liver area, and so on.

I would guess that it's the types of pathogens, their location, their toxic metabolites, and the body's reaction that makes the symptoms vary.

There have been various microbes found in the CSF of both MS and ME patients.

I guess that's also why some with MS or ME respond to corticosteroids, and some don't.