1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Feds Under Review: CFSAC Live Webcast Oct 3rd and 4th

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Phoenix Rising Team

Phoenix Rising Team

[​IMG]

New article by Cort:
    View the Post on the Blog

View the Post on the Blog
    GhostGum, Nielk and Bob like this.
  2. Bob

Bob

England, UK
    Thanks Mark & Cort :thumbsup:
  3. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    Just to add that I'm afraid we won't be doing live (blogging) coverage this time, but I expect if we have a forum thread, members can do something similar to the liveblog on there...perhaps even with screenshots (photos) from the feed. I don't think I can make it myself this time - sorry. :(
  4. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
  5. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Thanks Cort and Mark - it is good to see even if we are nowhere near in the UK.
  6. BobM

BobM

Reno, NV
    It is key to have Cort at these CFSAC meetings and reporting to the patient community. Patients have come to count on PR to attend and report on important conferences and meetings. This meeting had some special moments that needed to be captured by a keen eye. Hope Cort will be coming to the next CFSAC and other conferences.
  7. Bob

Bob

England, UK
    Firestormm and WillowJ like this.
  8. gman

gman

I think that clearly after 30 plus years of being nice and having committees of Doctors that also play nice it's time to take our horrible disease to another level.
    In Belgium they denied CFS was anything but psychological until they threatened to start donating blood- that immediately got results!
    I think it's time for us to do the same- despite our kind doctors recommendations. In 2013, unless we're put on equal research grounds with AIDS,
    those of us that are capable, start donating blood- it's not contagious- right?
    Let's start getting organized!
    warriorseekspeace likes this.
  9. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    I wasn't aware of that situation in Belgium. Can you describe it more or give links?

From Jennie's report it looks like nothing has changed really at HHS except better talk from FDA. Unger's not going to take down the toolkit or stop using the Reeves definition she says. Sebelius says the CFSAC recommendation to use the Canadian Criteria isn't wont be given any weight whatsoever.

I would like to see more aggressive protesting so I think it's time to consider our options. The AIDS patients did make it rain with street theatre and fake blood in the streets.
  10. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    The videos are posted on youtube a link
    CJB and Bob like this.
  11. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Thanks for another great article Cort.... thanks to Jennie too.

Im so happy to see that more people are seeing just how useless just "talk" is without actually change and action talking place.

Till some big changes are put in place, we know the government depts are just all "talk" and not truely taking this disease seriously like they say they are.
  12. Bob

Bob

England, UK
    From the CFSAC:

This fall’s CFSAC Meeting is now available on the HHS YouTube channel. The event has been broken into various sections, listed below with the associated links. Once pending internal processes are complete, the video will be posted on the CFSAC website.

Welcome and Opening Remarks (CFSAC Fall 2012)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zl2RX4URuI

Public Comment on Day One- AM (CFSAC Fall 2012)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIGpfvfFZ1w

Agency Updates from HRSA, NIH, and FDA (CFSAC Fall 2012)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=buDxhejdg90

Biomarkers – An overview & Future Look (CFSAC Fall 2012)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=01hZYq4GMtI

FDA & Drug Development (CFSAC Fall 2012)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGASSh7YV3s

Public Comment on Day One – PM (CFSAC Fall 2012)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fIEeQBdvxM

Committee Discussion & Plans for Day Two (CFSAC Fall 2012)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs1A6KhHInU

Opening Remarks & Agency Updates (CFSAC Fall 2012)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWBmqd8LDhg

Social Security Administration (CFSAC Fall 2012)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=af_r5LiIjXQ

Public Comment on Day Two (CFSAC Fall 2012)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGb0U6EaI4o

ME/CFS Organizations (CFSAC Fall 2012)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTHpny0u-XU

A Path Forward (CFSAC Fall 2012)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFaXiiSdZqI

Finalize Recommendations (CFSAC Fall 2012)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO9bO-udcY0
    ggingues likes this.
  13. MR AIDAN G WALSH

MR AIDAN G WALSH

More political lies, stalls that have been going on for 'decades' sorry but I have been around long enough for all the lies from all these agencies...Funding private research is our only hopes and let's let the radiation scientists and leukemic talents take over from these government 'students'
    and teach them the true scientific cause and replace them...How many more must die from their complete abuse and neglect and comedy about us dieing posted on their walls in their office hallways and tell me now where is the $10 million stolen from research gone and when will it be replaced and when will the F.B.I. make those arrests...
    ggingues likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.