1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Fecal transplants (fecal bacteriotherapy) - DIY home version very straightforward.

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by Hip, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Fecal transplants (fecal bacteriotherapy): this article describes how this procedure is being performed at home using a very simple procedure.

Diarrhea, Debilitating Digestive Ills Relieved With DIY Fecal Transplants

The procedure is described here:

Note: 1.7 ounces stool ? 50 grams. 7 ounces saline solution ? 200 grams.

The full article from the journal of Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology is attached:

2. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    Nice. Do you think it would be helpful for CFS?

3. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Maybe. There's a thread on fecal transplants here.

4. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    I'm wondering whether having leaky gut would increase the chances of getting a negative reaction to the transplant? Would it increase the risk of infection?

5. 5150

5150 Senior Member

choosing your donor ? this is done how?

6. Adster

Adster Senior Member

Australia
    My understanding is that donors must be carefully screened for unwanted bugs.

7. 5150

5150 Senior Member

contained within the attached pdf is info re donors... not quite a DIY except for the last step. what the heck, beats dying from the lethal digestive malfunctions we have.

See more popular forum discussions.