Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Feature on ME from South-Africa with among others Davis & Tuller

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Kalliope, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member

Norway
    A good feature on ME from the longest running investigative journalism programme in South-Africa, Carte Blanche.

Unfortunately it is not possible to view the video on their web-site or youtube, but it can be seen on Facebook via this link.
    https://www.facebook.com/NathalieHWilliams/videos/10156004031092619/

It lasts approximately ten minutes and contains among others ME-cases, the criticism towards the PACE-trial, the #MillionsMissing - campaign, interviews with Ron Davis and David Tuller.

EDIT: Hopefully Carte Blanche themselves will soon provide the video for viewers outside South-Africa, so please don't upload the video from the facebook-link on other platforms.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  2. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member

Norway
    dangermouse, Jo Best, Mary and 9 others like this.
  3. slysaint

slysaint Senior Member

4. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    Has anybody used this MitoVive that the last person uses?

5. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member

Norway
    Agree. I hope Carte Blanche will share it on youtube. It will make it easier to share on different platforms.

Yogi, Sushi, Comet and 2 others like this.
  6. slysaint

slysaint Senior Member

I have downloaded the mp4 to my pc but not sure if we're allowed to 'publish' it elsewhere?

Sushi, AndyPR and Kalliope like this.
  7. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member

Norway
    Can't find an email address to them. But they are on twitter, maybe it's possible to ask them there?
    https://twitter.com/carteblanchetv

Sushi, Comet, AndyPR and 1 other person like this.
  8. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    I put it on my Facebook page. To cover so much in a few minutes is really effective reporting.

9. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

If it was me, I'd be tempted to upload to Youtube myself but put something in the description to say that you aren't the copyright owner and are willing to remove it should there be any issue. Obviously comes down to how you feel about potentially testing how upset Carte Blanche might get.

ETA: If you aren't making money from it I would like to think that there would be no issues from it, but obviously I can't guarantee it.

Barry53, Webdog, Sushi and 2 others like this.
  10. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Maybe it would stop Carte Blanche making money? I don't know. Best to approach them directly, tell them how excited we are about their coverage, and ask how we can spread it. I think they'll be pleased, and will be encouraged to do more for us.

Barry53, Susanna D, Sushi and 5 others like this.
  11. slysaint

slysaint Senior Member

Just got this off their website:
    [​IMG]
    23m DeviSankareeGovender @Devi_HQ
    #ME No bio-marker which means diagnosis is not made easily...people spend years not knowing what's wrong with them #CarteBlanche

[​IMG]
    16m Serena Williams No1 @MerchSouth
    @carteblanchetv chronic fatigue syndrome so many missing and not waking up. Let's help with research #ME #CFS #understandsymptoms

they have a form to send them news stories https://carteblanche.dstv.com/tell-your-story/
    but c an't find a general email address (I'm not on Twitter).

Serena Williams 'let's help with research'..............anyone in the US care to follow this up!

12. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

Sadly it's a Serena Williams fan account, not the real deal.

TrixieStix, Barry53, Webdog and 4 others like this.
  13. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Just watched it - it's amazingly good. It's the best TV programme on ME that I can remember seeing. I'd be on my knees thanking the BBC if they did a job as good as this for us here in the UK.

dangermouse, Jan, Dolphin and 8 others like this.
  14. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member

Norway
  15. Learner1

Learner1 Professional Patient

Pacific Northwest
    Here's the link:

http://www.metagenics.com/mp/products/mitovive

I take all the ingredients, but in different proportions, customized to my needs. They do help.

16. Jan

Jan Senior Member

Devon UK
    Can someone send this to the BBC and tell them this is how you do a thorough piece of journalism that isn't biased.

dangermouse, Webdog, Sushi and 3 others like this.
  17. natwillza

natwillza

I'm so glad the video is spreading far and wide! I would just like to ask that people just share the Facebook link for now, and not post it on YT. I only uploaded it to Facebook because the video on Carte Blanche's website can't be viewed outside South Africa and I had friends abroad who wanted to see it. It was just meant to be a temporary solution while Carte Blanche sorted out the issue with their website. I had no idea it would go viral!

Since I didn't ask them for permission and it is copyright infringement, I'd hate for the video to be posted all over the place because of me. I'm just waiting for the issue to be fixed and then I'll replace the link in my post that everyone is sharing. I'm just hoping they don't ask me to take it down before they sort out their video!

18. TiredSam

TiredSam The wise nematode hibernates

Germany
    Second ME item I've shared on Facebook, no-one bothered looking up from their cats and food pics last time, let's see if anyone notices this time!

19. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member

Norway
    Thanks for giving us a chance to see the video @natwillza - and thanks for letting us know about the process.

Let's hope Carte Blanche will give us the opportunity to view the video from their website or one of their social media platforms. We can wait - and then share widely :)

They did a great job on the story! :woot::thumbsup:

Edit: gosh, didn't realise until now that you're in the video, @natwillza Well done and thank you!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    Molly98, Barry53, Jan and 4 others like this.
  20. natwillza

natwillza

I know the feeling! My mother and one of my sisters are the only ones who ever like or share any of my ME stuff... until this video of course. Then again, it's pretty much only other ME people who are sharing and commenting.

I really hope they do make it available internationally and maybe even license it to other TV stations that might want to broadcast it. At least then more non-ME people would see it. I can't believe it's already been viewed more than 12,000 times! :jaw-drop:

See more popular forum discussions.