1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

FDA Workshop on Drug Development for CFS and ME

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Ember, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I didn't register (didn't want to take a place from someone who can concentrate longer than me) and yet I can see it - so thank for posting this link!
  2. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    I think that anyone can use this link to listen and see the webcam By the way, it is fascinating so far. Patients are speaking about their experiences.
    snowathlete likes this.
  3. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    I like the format where it's interactive. Questions are open for the member of the panel and/or all attendees.
    WillowJ, snowathlete and Sasha like this.
  4. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Dunno if it's just you and me, Nielk! I just created a thread with a title saying the meeting was now live-streaming and a link to this thread to send people over here.

Here's the agenda again:

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/NewsEvents/UCM344665.pdf

We're coming up to where patients will be saying what they think of available treatments, which will be interesting. Bob Miller already spoke from the floor so maybe he'll talk about Ampligen.
    snowathlete likes this.
  5. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I also heard Dr Joan Grobstein (if I've got her name right - she wrote a storming piece I read a while back) and Jennie Spotila.
    snowathlete likes this.
  6. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Mary Schweitzer speaking now.
  7. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I heard her - what an awful story.
    Valentijn and snowathlete like this.
  8. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I didn't catch the name of the speaker after Mary but she was great.
    Nielk likes this.
  9. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Talking about general types of current treatments available today. This is an interactive discussion.
  10. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Apparently Dr. Peterson is there.
  11. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    I hope more people are listening to this because I find it very interesting and informative. Btw, I'm very impressed by the respectful way this FDA session is being led.
  12. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Amanda Simpson
    Sasha likes this.
  13. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Yes indeed - and sensitively - several of the speakers have become distressed by what they're having to recount and it's being gently handled.
    snowathlete likes this.
  14. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Open public comment session now - final session of the day.
  15. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
  16. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Interesting - speakers now will include Judy Mikovitz, Dr Enlander, Courtney Alexander (Miller), Drs Lapp, Baraniuk, Peterson, Grobstein...

Edit: We crossed but that screenshot is better!
    Nielk likes this.
  17. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Did Judy speak? I had to leave the room for a minute. If so, what did she say?

Thanks,
    Sushi
  18. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Yes she spoke. Something about ME/CFS like MS and Lupus all have immune issues. Also, Rituximab has 30% response.
  19. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I liked the guy who wanted our spit! :)

I thought Dr Lempert made a good point - that Ampligen has been shown to be effective against HHV-6 (?) and that, rather than being assessed by the FDA for its efficacy against ME it should be being assessed as an anti-viral, in which case it could be used for those PWME who have high viral titres. He said that Mary Schweitzer (I think) went from being HHV-6A+ to HHV-6- three times on Ampligen (she had three courses of Ampligen).

At least I think that's what he said! It was all happening so fast in that session that it was leaking out of my memory as fast as it was going in but there were some excellent contributions there.

Can we see tomorrow's live streaming even if we haven't registered, like we could today's?
    snowathlete likes this.
  20. waiting

waiting Senior Member

I'm assuming the webcast is being recorded and will be available later? If so, does anyone have the link for that? I caught some of today, missed most....
    Thanks!

See more popular forum discussions.