• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

FDA Seeking Public Comment on CBD (and other drugs)

bspg

Plant Queen

Tl:dr The FDA is seeking public comment on the abuse potential, medical usefulness, and impact of schedule changes on 17 substances. CBD (cannabidiol) is included on this list. The deadline to comment is September 13th, 2017 11:59PM ET.

:star::star::star::star::star:

From the www.regulations.gov website:

Action

Notice.

Summary

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is requesting interested persons to submit comments concerning abuse potential, actual abuse, medical usefulness, trafficking, and impact of scheduling changes on availability for medical use of 17 drug substances. These comments will be considered in preparing a response from the United States to the World Health Organization (WHO) regarding the abuse liability and diversion of these drugs. WHO will use this information to consider whether to recommend that certain international restrictions be placed on these drugs. This notice requesting comments is required by the Controlled Substances Act (the CSA).

Dates

Submit either electronic or written comments by September 13, 2017.

:star::star::star::star::star:

I know many here have found benefit from CBD and/or are interested in it's use. If you'd like to leave a comment, follow this link and click the blue "Comment Now!" button on the right hand side of the page. From there, enter your comment, information and submit.

If you're not sure what to say, comments left by others can be seen by scrolling down a bit from the blue button.

PLEASE NOTE: Anything you post in the "Comment" box will be publicly viewable, so do not include anything in that box that you do not wish to be publicly available! ;)

bspg

Plant Queen
For those who are interested, Tramadol, Ketamine, Pregabalin, and various Fentanyl compounds are also included on the list.

Last edited:

bspg

Plant Queen
@IThinkImTurningJapanese Thank you for clarifying. I thought you were being serious but wanted to make sure!

I totally agree with you. It's nice to see such well thought out, supportive comments on this issue. I don't get great benefit from CBD but I fully support it's use for those who do.

You're welcome for posting. I'm glad people are reading the thread! :D