1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

FDA Recommends Dropping Midodrine Hydrochloride (ProAmatine)

Discussion in 'Problems Standing: Orthostatic Intolerance; POTS' started by Otis, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Otis

Otis Se├▒or Mumbler

USA
    See this article.

The drug-maker says they already had a plan to withdraw the med.

If you're on this med, you definitely want to contact your Dr. and come up with an alternate plan, it doesn't appear anyone wants to fund further trials.
  2. xrayspex

xrayspex Senior Member

u.s.a.
    that is odd, maybe
    I took that for awhile in 96 97 helped but then couldnt tolerate due to mcs
    tried again in last year and again couldnt tolerate but thats me, I thought when i could tolerate it helped with the oxygen hunger a bit, which is on my mind right now as in a flare of that symptom
  3. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

Oregon, USA
    Otis, thanks so much for posting this information. I've been taking midodrine for years with no major side effects. I'm pretty sure it is helping me so I will not be happy if I have to lose this prescription. I will call my cardiologist tomorrow for an appointment.

See more popular forum discussions.