• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

FDA Orders 23andMe to Stop Providing Genetic Analysis.

Seven7

Seven
So are we gonna get the data now from 23 and ME? for us that did it during the banned period?

maddietod

This is part of an email I got today from 23andme, my bolding:

Today, 23andMe was granted authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to offer the Bloom syndrome carrier status report. This is an important first step in fulfilling our commitment to return genetic health reports to consumers.

This is the first time the FDA has granted authorization to offer a direct-to-consumer genetic test, and it gives us a regulatory framework for future submissions. While this authorization is for a single carrier status test only, we are committed to returning health information to our US customers who don't already have this information once more tests have been through this process and we have a more comprehensive product offering.

Valentijn

Interesting, soon after 23andme developes relationship with big pharma the fda changes its mind. call me suspicious. Now im thinking of opting out.
23andMe has had the relationship long before the FDA restricted and then eased off regarding disease interpretation. Nothing has changed recently.