1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Phoenix Rising Adds Two New Board Members
Mark Berry introduces the new President of Phoenix Rising, Dr. Gary Solomon, and welcomes Professor Jonathan Edwards to the Phoenix Rising Board of Directors.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

FDA/NIH XMRV paper ON HOLD

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by CBS, Jun 29, 2010.

1. pollycbr125

pollycbr125 Senior Member

yorkshire
    Cort posted this on the email alter thread

Originally Posted by Cort
    I think all we have are little drabs unfortunately.

I think Dr. Alter has very good personal reasons to get out his study. His name is all over the Internet in a not very complimentary way. His peers are surely wondering what's going on. He's apparently withdrawn his paper for publication...for his own sake he needs to be able to verify his work and come up with a positive result. I'm sure that he's sweating bullets right now - no researcher wants to be put in the position where his work is publicly disavowed by his own funder....He has a lot of good reasons to make this right.(post 20)

my comment
    Cort a lot of folk are under the impression that this paper is witheld from publication not withdrawn . Are you saying that the paper has been withdrawn totally and if so can we have clarification of this ie via a link or something(post 23)

http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/sho...Dr-Alter/page2
  2. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    I agree withheld is a better term.

The CAA has posted this address you can use to register your dismay about the Alter paper being put on hold.

olib@od.nih.gov

They also stated on their Facebook site that they are pushing for the immediate publication of the paper.

Here's a petition as well

http://healthcare.change.org/petitio...ce_to_progress
  3. julius

julius Watchoo lookin' at?

Canada

the links don't work
  4. Otis

Otis SeƱor Mumbler

USA
    Cort,

Perhaps you can paste in a link to the CAA statement pushing for immediate publicaton of the NIH paper. I'm probably right at it but Paul Bunyan has embedded an an in my forehead. OK, it just feels that way.

Thanks,
    Otis
  5. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    http://www.facebook.com/CFIDSAssn?v=wall&story_fbid=106613652724787

Sorry about the bad link to the petition - I'm trying to find a good one.
  6. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    Perhaps my sig can help with the link?

See more popular forum discussions.