The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

FDA/NIH STUDY UPDATE, by Mindy Kitei

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by Mindy Kitei, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Mindy Kitei

Mindy Kitei

2. glenp

glenp "and this too shall pass"

Vancouver Canada suburbs
  3. Tembo

Tembo Australia

Excellent News - thank you Mindy.

4. George

George waitin' fer rabbits

South Texas
    August. ( big grins)

5. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Thanks, Mindy!

Does anyone know how long it takes for PNAS to publish a paper once it has been accepted? It's months for some journals but very fast for others.

6. Alexia

Alexia Senior Member

Portugal
    What takes a long time normally is for reviewers to write their review. We don't know if the PNAS will be sending the "new" paper back to the reviewers. Even if they are planning to do it the reviewers already know the paper they will have just to check the changes made so it should not take very long I would say.

7. grant107

grant107 Jean

Ormond Beach, Fl
    Thank you, Mindy. We are fortunate to have you helping us get the message out, since most of us barely have the energy to get through the day.
    Jean

8. usedtobeperkytina

usedtobeperkytina Senior Member

Clay, Alabama
    oh, I thought it was approved for print. I guess we have learned there is approved for print stage I and approved for print stage II.

Tina

9. dsdmom

dsdmom Senior Member

I wish I could be more optimistic about all of this, but it seems like we really don't know a) what the paper now says and b) if/when it will be approved.

10. dancer

dancer Senior Member

Midwest, USA
    dsdmom -
    I agree. I'm concerned about this. We know the paper had been reviewed, accepted for publication, and in galleys. We know it confirmed the WIP/NCI/Cleveland Clinic study.
    Now the new version will be submitted in a few weeks - and needs to go through the "accepted/not-accepted" decision again.
    Still feels fishy. Still a lot of potential for things to go wrong.

See more popular forum discussions.