1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Brain Cells Making us Sick? The microglia connection in ME/CFS & Fibromyalgia
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, could trigger and perpetuate the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

FDA/NIH Paper will be published

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by Mindy Kitei, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Mindy Kitei

Mindy Kitei

The CAA posted this morning. it will be out "within weeks." The PNAS editor is on vacation, so I couldn't get a comment from him for CFS Central.

Mindy Kitei
    CFS Central
    http://www.cfscentral.com
  2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Thanks for the news. Really keen to see this paper, and how people react to it.
  3. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
  4. bananaman

bananaman

Bognor UK
    Wow!

Thanks for the news Mindy :)
  5. garcia

garcia Aristocrat Extraordinaire

London, UK
    About (expletive) time!

Thanks for the good news Mindy.
  6. Mindy Kitei

Mindy Kitei

Sources to CFS Central says the researchers' conclusions have not changed.

Mindy Kitei
    CFS Central
    http:www/cfscentral.com
  7. VillageLife

VillageLife Senior Member

United Kingdom
    Thank god!!!!!!!!!!
  8. MaryAnn

MaryAnn

Thank you so much for pushing and staying on top of this! I hope this time it actually is printed.
  9. bullybeef

bullybeef Senior Member

North West, England, UK
    Well surely this doesn't mean they have had enough time to do a complete rewrite, or retraction?

And if any of the results are different, something stinks in suburbia!!
  10. The CFS Central blog post says the Alter PNAS paper has the same (original) conclusion after whatever extra experiments were requested

One would assume then that it made the evidence in the paper even stronger, here's hoping
  11. Alexia

Alexia Senior Member

Portugal
    Thank you so much Mindy, this news lifts our spirits!
  12. Alexia

Alexia Senior Member

Portugal
    BB I don't think it's possible to change the results of such a paper just like that..
  13. bullybeef

bullybeef Senior Member

North West, England, UK
    God, let it be so!!!!!!
  14. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

Thanks Mindy for all of your hard work - that's wonderful news :victory:
  15. boomer

boomer Senior Member

I'm so happy about this. I have emailed the deputy minister of health canada to tell him the positive paper is expected to be published in weeks and we hope they can fund research.
    I don't understand why it takes weeks. I hope they make up for the negligence over the decades by funding big and in today's environment, that probably means reallocation from other programs.
  16. free at last

free at last Senior Member

Those additional studies, were so problems could be found with the earlier result, mark my words problems will be found, with the NIH paper, its why the CDC released there negative findings THEY WOULDNT DO THAT IF ANOTHER GOVERMENT STUDY WAS CONTRADICTING THERE OWN. Sorry i dont buy it, its a coverup, And you will see this post is right on the money, sorry it upsets me too. But there all liars, dont belive me just wait and see everyone
  17. jimbob

jimbob ME/CFS84-XMRV+

myrtle beach, s.c.
    I hope to god free at last is wrong, but you know it's in the back of all our minds. If it is a cover-up, we are going to have to mount an all out blitz to get to the truth!!!
  18. VillageLife

United Kingdom
    OK this is from the CFIDS association, (Today 9th July)

http://www.facebook.com/CFIDSAssn
    ------

The study pending from NIH/FDA attracted a lot of attention in June after news of its conclusions was leaked by a Netherlands news agency. The researchers have conducted additional experiments as requested by the reviewers and their paper is expected to be published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences within weeks.

-------
    and that day maybe the day that changes the future of CFS forever! :victory::victory:
  19. omerbasket

omerbasket Senior Member

I don't understand. Your saying that the additional studies were performed in order for people to be able to see that there are problems in the NIH/FDA study? Or what?
    By the way, there are lots of problems with the CDC's study, so I guess it would be very difficult for the NIH/FDA study to outweigh them, by making even more mistakes...
  20. VillageLife

United Kingdom

See more popular forum discussions.