1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

FDA/NIH PAPER in PRESS, by Mindy Kitei

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by Mindy Kitei, Aug 10, 2010.

1. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
    Now there's a girl after my own heart! Not too demanding in her requirements for celebrating. :D I'm also willing to party if paper shows that XMRV is way more common in us than in general population. I want more. I expect more. But I'll party with another paper that shows a strong correlation (as opposed to those silly 0/0 papers).

I'm still tending toward the need for multiple factors, too. Maybe XMRV infection plus something genetic, or the wrong virus. I'm not committed to this theory; it just seems reasonable based on current evidence. As evidence changes, so may my theory change. :Retro smile:
  2. urbantravels

urbantravels disjecta membra

Los Angeles, CA
    I think our exuberance may be somewhat dampened once more of us start experiencing the joys of antiretroviral therapy, especially if it turns out we have to stay on it forever. :tongue: blech.

However, there's a lot we don't know, and it already seems that there are important differences between XMRV and HIV. XMRV may be much easier to keep in check (we hope, we hope) than HIV, which is always crazily mutating and prone to become resistant to various drugs.

But here's the thing: we don't *need* to know right away why some people get sick from XMRV and others apparently do not. We don't need to know that in order to start trying out treatments for those who are already sick and have XMRV. Pretty much *all* pathogens make some people sick and others not. This would not make XMRV unique in any way.
  3. Recovery Soon

Recovery Soon Senior Member

Funny.......

See more popular forum discussions.