1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

FDA/NIH PAPER IN LIMBO; PATIENTS UNITE, by Mindy Kitei

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by Mindy Kitei, Jul 6, 2010.

1. boomer

boomer Senior Member

There are other costs to the patient to. A person I know with cfs has a massage every week and sees an osteopath every week and also sees a physiotherapist every couple of weeks on an ongoing basis. This is not a luxury either - it's a necessity to deal with the pain and the tightened muscles. She sees a doctor almost every week over something- ear infections, yeast, headaches, sleep, depression, pain, etc. I swear we must have seen every type of doctor there is to try to figure out what is wrong. The costs to the patient are big.

i remember when I was growing up - you almost never heard of people having massages. Nowadays, they are everywhere and I wonder if the growing number of people with cfs and fibro have contributed to the demands.
  2. Eric Johnson from I&I

Eric Johnson from I&I Senior Member

Those numbers seem to make sense. They might be a little conservative. Or not. You can see that since our GDP is $13T, if 0.5% of the population were totally disabled by ME the loss is $65B per annum. But maybe a good deal fewer people than that are totally disabled.

See more popular forum discussions.