Looking Ahead to Change: Little by Little
I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I don't think I ever really did, but the last decade or two would have been enough to stifle that impulse. I've just been too aware that I don't have that much control over what happens in my life.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

FDA: Guidance for Industry CFS/ME - nonbinding recommendations

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by melamine, Jan 20, 2015.

1. melamine

melamine Senior Member

Upstate NY
    http://www.fda.gov/downloads/drugs/guidancecomplianceregulatoryinformation/guidances/ucm388568.pdf

March 2014

Guidance for Industry Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis: Developing Drug Products for Treatment

Contains Nonbinding Recommendations Draft — Not for Implementation

This draft guidance, when finalized, will represent the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA’s) current
    thinking on this topic. It does not create or confer any rights for or on any person and does not operate to
    bind FDA or the public. You can use an alternative approach if the approach satisfies the requirements of
    the applicable statutes and regulations. If you want to discuss an alternative approach, contact the FDA
    staff responsible for implementing this guidance. If you cannot identify the appropriate FDA staff, call the appropriate number listed on the title page of this guidance.

Woolie, beaker and Esther12 like this.
  2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Anything good or bad in it?

I have to admit, I misread the title I thought this was going to be all about nonblinded trials!

3. beaker

beaker ME/cfs 1986

USA
    1. {my emphasis}

I couldn't read all. But so far it sounds like they are on the ball.
      I remember their conference went well.
      Now they need to implement this and not just have it as a draft !!

Valentijn, Esther12 and melamine like this.
  4. melamine

melamine Senior Member

Upstate NY
    I haven't read it all yet. It was something I had stumbled on while searching for something else and was rather pleasantly surprised.

Esther12 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.