• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

FDA Basics Webinar: Biologic Drugs

Chris

Jennie, thanks for this info--sounds interesting, since I don't really understand how either of these drugs work. Chris

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
It was a nice primer, around 20 minutes. The audio is supposed to be up in 2 days. The next one on biosimilars is August 19th. Thanks to jspotila for the alert on this webinar.

As always, the question/answer period afterwards was disappointing because of what questions get chosen, such as "will the slides be available?" (the link to the slides was right there before the webinar, right next to the very link that you had to use to get to the webinar presentation page). http://www.fda.gov/downloads/AboutFDA/Transparency/Basics/UCM356666.pdf

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
Jennie, thanks for this info--sounds interesting, since I don't really understand how either of these drugs work. Chris
Hi, Chris. Nothing was said about how they work, which varies a lot anyway. It was mainly about the difference in complexity... also in size and shell life, etc.

FYI, the rituximab antibodies work like tiny little flags that are engineered to attach to the B-cells, and they signal other parts of the immune system to come kill this thing. The same could be done for invading bacteria, e.g.

Chris

Sherlock, thanks for this--I managed to miss it--having a low day. Sounds as if I did not miss too much, anyway. Now on to see how the planned Rituximab studies work out--I wish us all good luck! Chris