1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

FDA and NIH confirm WPI XMRV findings (report of leaked presentation)

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by mingo, Jun 22, 2010.

1. SeaShel

SeaShel Senior Member

AZ
    It's not a WPI leak in any way, shape or form. They simply posted the link to the press release from the Netherlands.

Shelley

2. bullybeef

bullybeef Senior Member

North West, England, UK
    maybe Ortho were told to hold the story until they're ready to comment of the published paper?

3. julius

julius Watchoo lookin' at?

Canada
    Oh, I see.

But it's still crazy that this happened a month ago and were just now hearing about it. If it is true then it's the final piece of this puzzle.

Rumor or not....it's got me pretty excited.

4. kurt

kurt Senior Member

USA.Earth
    I was responsible for that CDC leak, inadvertently, but did not start the rumor or post the information to the forum, or encourage anyone to do so. Cort started that rumor after I mentioned the CDC study and pending press release to him and forgot to mention that it was confidential. Period. No conspiracy, just ordinary CFS brain fog. Apparently the CDC pulled the press release but the paper is still in press, or in some final holding point pending authorization of some type.

WPI is just passing along what is becoming common knowledge, they are not the leak. But I expect they have known this for months and probably are just glad to see the information out there. They should be noting that this is still unofficial information.

5. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

There are lots of things about the WPI which are kind of.. yeah.

If their results get validated I couldn't care less though.

LOL - I feel like I'd just calmed my XMRV obsession - "I'm finally getting numb to it" - now this thread. It reminded me of this strip:

[​IMG]

Whole story here: http://www.marcellosendos.ch/comics/ch/1989/03/198903.html

6. Rivotril

Rivotril Senior Member

7. Elliot

Elliot

Leicestershire, England.
    Ah right I see :) thanks for the correction, got a little confused by brain fog.
    I agree again with you again kurt hah, would be nice for them to state it isn't official, unless they have and my brain has completely forgot.

The joys of brain fog.

8. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

London UK
    don't know but wanted to brag my mum was born and bred Zagreb gal :D

9. pollycbr125

pollycbr125 Senior Member

yorkshire
    no problem i just didnt want folk getting the wrong end of the stick

10. Rivotril

Rivotril Senior Member

11. CBS

CBS Senior Member

Western US
  12. paddygirl

paddygirl Senior Member

I was just about to fall asleep when i did a last scoop for news, so the brain isn't the best. I just looked at the PDF of the conference, did I not see it in print? 'we at NIH have confirmed the WPI findings'. Why then is it not 100%?

I especially like the page where its shown how long it takes for some pathogens to be acted on. Seems he has a conscience he is prepared to act on.

13. julius

julius Watchoo lookin' at?

Canada
  14. usedtobeperkytina

usedtobeperkytina Senior Member

Clay, Alabama
    I knew there was a reason I liked CBS. Will you be doing a story on 60 Minutes?

Tina

15. CBS

CBS Senior Member

Western US
    What a great picture. I couldn't resist and I figured that I wouldn't last long.

16. cfs since 1998

cfs since 1998 *****

You are arguing semantics. You and Cort together started that rumor here on this website. That is not the same thing as a news story published by a wire service. I don't get why you are using the rumor you helped to start as evidence that the wire service story might be untrustworthy.

17. Otis

Otis SeƱor Mumbler

USA
    Love it. Alter (or whoever added the photos) had a sense of humor, perhaps a bit warped, but definitly funny.

18. Impish

Impish Senior Member

Victoria, BC
    Woot? It is great for the results to be proven! I have been a sceptic but this seems pretty clear.

Imagine what happens if this hits on a slow news day. VIRUS IN BLOOD SUPPLY : 10 Reasons why you need to panic RIGHT NOW!!!!!!! Ack!

19. V99

V99 *****

UK
    Best bit of solid gossip ever.:D:victory:

20. acer2000

acer2000 Senior Member

Did they put it on the WPI site? I can't find it on there. Or are you just talking about the facebook status update?

See more popular forum discussions.