1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Time Change Equals Jet Lag, ME/CFS Style
Jody Smith marvels at how much difference one hour can make to those with ME/CFS, as much of the world has endured The Time Change in recent weeks ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

FDA and NIH confirm WPI XMRV findings (report of leaked presentation)

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by mingo, Jun 22, 2010.

1. sproggle

sproggle Jan

Teesside, England UK
    Love it!!! :tear:

Hey maybe that's the real reason we are being kept in the dark, they are afraid a load of sick (possible contagious) people may start stalking them! ;)

Tick, tock, tick...
  2. julius

julius Watchoo lookin' at?

Canada
    I'll choke one of the security guards with a feeding tube. You get the other one in the eye with an IV needle.
  3. bullybeef

bullybeef Senior Member

North West, England, UK
  4. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

Well said.

There is one thing that seems to be overlooked. I have not seen anywhere that XMRV infected people could be infected again by someone who is spreadng the XMRV virus and that will trigger the flood.
  5. bullybeef

bullybeef Senior Member

North West, England, UK
    Healthy people are panicking!!! NOT
  6. bullybeef

bullybeef Senior Member

North West, England, UK
    It seems the public are not biting!!
  7. julius

Canada
    It seems like that guy just signed up on that forum to generate a bit of public awareness (panic). I get the feeling it's someone who has been following the XMRV story (perhaps a patient, even a PR member??) and want to spread the word.
  8. Recovery Soon

Recovery Soon Senior Member

Why did wpi take the press release down?
  9. bullybeef

bullybeef Senior Member

North West, England, UK
    Yeah, when I read the first few post, I thought the main poster knew too much. Reading on, people don't really understand what a retrovirus is, even if you tell them. I suppose this time last year, I wouldn't either.

I shown many people the Dr. Oz, and they don’t accept it. Until it’s on national TV, no one will take much notice. Sorry, I should have read it all before I posted, but it does give us an insight into what a small number of people feel.
  10. julius

Canada
    Interesting that people are a little jaded by the previous flu scares. I wonder how that will play into how XMRV unfolds.
  11. boomer

boomer Senior Member

Well, there is an announcement today on the cbc web site that the Prime Minister of Canada is pledging to give $1.1 billion for women maternity and children. I took the opportunity to add my comment in the forum that follows each item. I think it is a good thing to raise awareness on national news site forums of what is upcoming. The public is never going to hear about the neglect you write about on this web site.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2010/06/25/g8-g20-huntsville-leaders.html

And this was my comment:
    Well Communication Strategies are pretty important to this government. They are funding over a billion $ for maternity to make it look as if women are a priority for this government. But in a matter of days there will be some news coming with pretty solid confirmation about a retrovirus xmrv that has caused chronic fatigue syndrome and true stories of terrible neglect are going to be coming in documentaries, books, and in some cases in the US people are suing various sectors. For decades women have been telling the government they were sick and the government never did any research. Government was told it was a retrovirus decades ago and no research was done. Be prepared to see a lot of anger from women when the news comes out soon.
  12. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    I totally agree, Polly!
  13. justinreilly

NYC (& RI)
    Here's an email i sent my dad today stating what i think the significance of the NIH and FDA findings are. He had asked me if there was a causal association shown. (he worked long ago as a lawyer at FDA)

I wrote here that 9 of approx 200 got lymphoma, now i'm remembering i also heard the figure of 19, does anyone know? (pls PM me as well as posting thx).

14. redo

redo Senior Member

@Justin Reilly,

If XMRV is caused or partly caused by lymphoma.
    And CFS is caused or partly caused by XMRV,
    Then it would make sense that lymphoma drugs could work for CFS.

Have you seen this:
    forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?2621-Rituximab-and-XMRV-a-possible-connection

I know it's speculation, but why not speculate...

About the lymphoma links; do you have a source for them?
  15. justinreilly

NYC (& RI)
    @redo-
    interesting! I had forgot about that. I don't have brain power now to go thru that whole thread yet, so will come back.

Re: lymphoma info is from oct 2009 cfsac meeting video on nih site. and the bible (osler's web). you can search on the book's page on amazon by clicking on the image of the book cover. you can search for 'burkitt's lymphoma". some of it is on p.92 in the footnote.
  16. Sean

Sean Senior Member

He he he. Thanks for that, needed a laugh today.
  17. Recovery Soon

Recovery Soon Senior Member

Guys...

Why do you think WPI pulled the Press Release off their site?

This has me baffled.

Thanks.
  18. redo

redo Senior Member

Maybe they decided to not link to it after all because it's a leak.
    I could see why some would react to it (like the researchers who's study is being written about), despite that it's only a link...
  19. Alexia

Alexia Senior Member

Portugal
    Me too, why? first it was on their Facebook, then they deleted and it was on their site and now disappeared!
  20. ixchelkali

ixchelkali Senior Member

Long Beach, CA
    Hello, Grishnkh. Welcome to the forum. English may not be your first language, but you use it very well. If it is not rude to ask, where are you from?

See more popular forum discussions.