1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

FATIGUE Trial: GET vs Counselling vs Booklet on CBT for chronic fatigue

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Dolphin, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Given that the Oxford criteria is used for many such trials in the UK, the cohort may not be that different.

(I've given each sentence its own paragraph)
    ------------
    Background
    (from: http://www.iop.kcl.ac.uk/departments/?locator=1029)

2. max

max *****

Current diagnostic criteria, diagnosis by elimination, deliberately widens the net for inclusion it firstly makes you believe that by eliminating known diagnosable conditions, you are lessening the pool population however, by using the psychiatric description model of CFS symptoms, the pool becomes so large (as it is currently estimated that 25% of the population has a mental condition with many reporting fatigue) that real cases of ME enrolled in research will be so diluted in a trial, that they will be an insignificant minority.

Is it strange that the psychiatry school do NOT want to look at the aetiology, the search for a triggering agent, the Holy Grail, is a nonsense They want to look at treatments that prior to any results, they already know they will get some positive results from the majority population that only have a mental illness causing their fatigue, this is also why they ignore ME patient reports that the fatigue they experience is not fatigue it is more than that so much more.

As real ME patients trial results are lost in the statistical analysis in the findings of researchers, no wonder the psychiatrists want to keep the current thinking alive they do not want research to find the answer to the puzzle that is ME.

To keep science from finding the cause, they have to perpetuate the current confusion that is the Oxford Criteria, the CDC criteria, Fakuda criteria, the London criteria and even the Canadian Criteria as far as the psychiatrists go, the more the merrier. As further indication of this, how many illnesses have this many labels;

ME
    ME/CFS
    CFS/ME
    Myalgic encephalomyelitis
    Myalgic encelopathy
    CFS
    Post Viral Fatigue Syndrome
    Chronic Fatigue Post Viral syndrome
    Chronic Fatigue
    CFIDS (chronic fatigue immune deficiency syndrome)
    Somatisation disorder
    Neurathanesia
    Hysteria
    GWS (Gulf War Syndrome)
    Fibromyalgia

This list will no doubt grow.

This is evidence of the continued plan of using orchestrated manufactured confusion.

max

See more popular forum discussions.