1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Fatigue & sinusitis

Discussion in 'Immunological' started by Sasha, Nov 16, 2012.

1. MNC

MNC Senior Member

Oops. Should I withdraw the PDF from the post?

I feel like preparing and studying an exam for tomorrow's appointment. I need to learn enough to explain him and do a perfect explanation in the first 20 seconds to gain his attention and interest or he will refuse to listen and help. I'm having university flashbacks, I hadn't studied for ages.

Gosh, and my printer run out of black ink... :confused: I hope I can buy a new cartridge tomorrow or I wil have no documents to show him.
  2. nanonug

nanonug Senior Member

Virginia, USA
    I know that Spain is pretty relaxed regarding copyrighted works for personal use. However, the US is pretty anal about this and by default, all works are copyrighted unless otherwise stated. Even linking to the document is iffy!

Good luck for tomorrow!
  3. MNC

MNC Senior Member

Deleted PDF, thanks.

I don't know our copyright laws, but I didn't think that modifying the format could be ilegal.
  4. magenk

magenk

I think chronic sinusitis is likely mast cell related in many cases without infection or allergies. I developed sinusitis w/ chronic fatigue and cognitive issues after a number of triggers (chemical, surgical). This after a long line of chronic conditions that are likely mast cell related....POTS, IC, IBS (no D or C). For me, my sinusitis can get better or worse depending on my environment, and symptoms can also fluctuate depending on what I eat. It never goes away entirely. Oh! I would highly recommend D-hist. This is the only thing that had given me significant relief. Unfortunately I had to stop taking it b/c I have an allergy to bromelain (pineapple). FML.

I wonder though what role bacteria play as a primary trigger especially with altered nasal flora. I've often found relief for my conditions through antibiotic therapy, even if short lived. And the most successful treatment I've found for IBS is rifaximin followed by a low fodmap diet. Membranes becoming hyperpermeable and reactive (leaky gut) might apply to the nose as well.
    merylg likes this.
  5. Old Salt

Old Salt Rowing the boat

S/W Pa.
    The sinus' are also an outlet for toxins from the gut. While cleaning up the gut, the sinus issue expands until the gut is resolved. All arrows have pointed to the gut.
    merylg likes this.
  6. MishMash

MishMash *****

Georgia
    MNC
    My experience as an ME/CFS patient is that most sinusitis is fungal-based. The Mayo Clinic was correct when they pointed out this etiology. People with compromised with compromised immune systems, such as ME/CFS, are at most risk. Mayo, however, just experimented around with an antifungal spray, which by itself, of course, isn't going to work.

There are many factors, such as living in the right humidity (not too high, or too low), your diet, and many other factors. These factors are very hard to control, or difficult, especially if you are semi-functional ME/CFS patient. Anyway, this explanation probably explains my sinusitis:

The Hidden Perpetrator of Sinus Infections - Found in 96% of Mayo Study Participants
    March 12, 2012

Little Bluestem, merylg and Sasha like this.
  7. magenk

magenk

I thought the fungal connection was debunked or at least wasn't as conclusive as the initial study made it seem.

I've tried antifungal therapies before with no effect whereas I've often experienced a rapid diminishing of symptoms when taking antibiotics even if symptoms return immediately after stopping them.

This thread discusses the most recent study linking certain altered nasal bacteria and sinusitis- http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/sinusitis-linked-to-microbial-diversity.19327/.
  8. Spinney Lainey

Spinney Lainey Senior Member

London
    Hi Sushi,

Which doctor do you have, who does tests at Redlabs? I'd like to get some Redlabs tests done but need a physician. Also, wondering what country you're in. Not sure how to go about this from UK......
  9. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    It is easy to do it from the UK. The doctor doesn't have to sign the requisition, you just name him and he will get the report--but you can get it too if you ask.

I am in the US and I see De Meirleir in Brussels and now in Reno.

Sushi

See more popular forum discussions.