• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fatigue Journal Take 2

taniaaust1

Fred Friedberg writes (below), “We will also accept papers on chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS/ME), fibromyalgia, and related illnesses."

Fatigue: Biomedicine, Health & Behavior

Volume 1, Issue 1-2, 2013

rftg20.v001.i01-02.cover.jpg

Welcome to our inaugural issue!

That thou didnt really answer my question as that sentence in the context it was put in with that paragragh which was really refering to all about fatigue which could be just making a point that they will accept CFS studies on fatigue... note in the context of the paragraph it was said in, they are taking about fatigue before and after that sentence so it may just be meaning the same as them saying they will accept studies in fatigue in cancer.
Its just not definated at all if they will accept CFS acticles in which arent related to fatigue.

The list of topics covered in Fatigue includes: fatigue in diseases including cancer, autoimmune diseases, multiple sclerosis (MS), pain conditions, mood disorders, and circulatory diseases. We will also accept papers on chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS/ME), fibromyalgia, and related illnesses. In addition, specific issues involving fatigue in sleep, aging, exercise and sport, and occupations will be addressed. More generally, the journal will publish on the biology, physiology, and psychosocial aspects of fatigue as well as assessment and treatment.

Dolphin

Letters to the Editor
Brief letters (maximum of 500 words, including references) will be considered with a cover letter
indicating that the correspondence is “for publication.” Letters regarding an article published in Fatigue
must be received within 6 weeks of the article’s publication. Letters will be sent to the article’s
corresponding author who will represent the final say on the matter
. To be reviewed, letters must
include the title and author of the article and the month and year of publication. Letters will be
published on a space-available basis.

I remember the influential researcher, James C. Coyne, complained about such vetoes (in a blog post).

I would not be surprised if some journals also allow for such vetoes but don't explicitly state this. But from the prompt acceptance I have received for some letters, such vetoes certainly aren't universal.