• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

fatigue in MS patients connected to brain damage

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
http://multiplesclerosisnewstoday.c...gue-in-ms-patients-to-localized-brain-damage/

“Lesional, atrophy, and DT MR measures of global damage to brain, white matter, and GM did not differ between fatigued and nonfatigued patients.

Compared with nonfatigued patients and control subjects, fatigued patients experienced atrophy of the right side of the accumbens, right inferior temporal gyrus, left superior frontal gyrus, and forceps major.

They also had lower fractional anisotropy of forceps major, left inferior fronto-occipital fasciculus, and right anterior thalamic radiation,” said the authors.

fatigue comparison patients in MS studies are sometimes ME/CFS, but I can't tell whether that's the case here.