1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The ePatient Revolution
Ryan Prior shares his experience and his thoughts from attending the Stanford Medicine X Conference as he contemplates the rising of the ePatient Revolution ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

fatigue, food , Ray peat

Discussion in 'Post-Exertional Malaise, Fatigue, and Crashes' started by she, Jan 15, 2014.

1. she

she Practically perfect

The Netherlands
    Found this
    http://eastwesthealing.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/learnedhelplessnessnervousystem.mp3
    about fatigue, sleeplessness.
    My English is not that good, so I did not understand it fully
    but it seems very usefull, at least to me,
    because all my normal sleep / tiredness rithm & sensations are F*** up.
    And because I have the feeling my ME is food related - but I do not know how.
    maybe anyone could help me understand this better.
    Take care
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  2. rwac

rwac Senior Member

@she, what exactly do you want explained, can you specify?
  3. she

she Practically perfect

The Netherlands
    @rwac thnx for u'r reaction.
    - what I don't understand ??
    Haha - I don't remember ...
    I read few more of Ray Peat's articles and I start to get the picture.
    It is about how specific foods infuence the hormones;
    and that Thyroid hormone is especially important and progeterone.

If u figured out more - it would be nice if u could note it.
    the ppl from http://eastwesthealing.com/ follow up the reactions of the patient solely by temp and pols
    and the feeling of the patient after eating.
    It sounds like something I should do.
  4. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    Most of us have wrong timing for our sleep cycles. Healthy people have higher cortisol in the day and low at night. Ours is reversed.

Many of us have problems with detoxification and something called the "methylation cycle". We test our genes and take supplements to fix the broken cycles.

Many of us have adrenals that are overworked or nearly burned out. Adrenals and thyroid are important. For thyroid, if your blood test shows normal, you may still have low thyroid.

We also have problems with pituitary, temperature regulation, etc.

Many have food intolerances and we have to go on a strict diet. Gluten, corn, soy, dairy, peanuts, lectins, and others can destroy a person's gut lining. You can heal it with avoidance of those and bone broth. Or find if you are sensitive to nightshades, oxalates, citrus, nuts, shellfish, etc.

See more popular forum discussions.