1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Fast tolerances to meds

Discussion in 'Hypersensitivity and Intolerance' started by Carrigon, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Carrigon

Carrigon Senior Member

PA, USA
    Does anyone else seem to develop super fast tolerances to medications? There are times where I can take something once or twice and that's it, it won't work anymore. I just don't understand how my body builds up the tolerance that fast. Even if I haven't take a med in awhile, if I try it again, it might work the once and then it won't work again. It's so odd. Hyper immune?

2. Tammie

Tammie Senior Member

Woodridge, IL
    not to meds - I cannot toelrate most presciption meds and have very bad reactions to them....and they seem to accumulate in my body.....but I do have what you are talking about happen with supplements for sleep (& with the OTC med, bendryl, if used for sleep)......they will literally work one or at most two nights and then no more

See more popular forum discussions.