• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fast phase 1, sluggish phase 2

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had any success with inhibiting phase 1 and boosting phase 2 liver detox?

I'm a pathological detoxifier with chemical sensitivity and significant supplement intolerance, especially anything designed to 'boost' the body. I have an issue whereby nutrients become toxic in my system.

Has anyone had any success balancing these phases? On a practical level I'm doing everything I can with regards to chemical avoidance, clean diet etc. My adrenals are weak but I can't tolerate any nutrients to support them. Gut function is poor also and have similar issues tolerating anything to change the ecology for the better.

Anyone tried things like curcumin, capsaicin, clove oil or quercetin for successfully inhibiting phase 1? Curcumin apparently inhibits phase 1 and boosts phase 2. Sounds a little too good to be true and being a herb/spice I would also be concerned about toxicity.

Anyone successfully managed to boost phase 2 without too many side effects? I know methylation is one part of this.

So many nutrients involved it's almost impossible to know what to target. If I can find a balanced formula that I can start at minute doses it might help.

Thanks,

Tammy

Because you are so sensitive to any supplements.......very hard to say. I'm sure you already have all the info about what slows down phase 1 and helps phase 2. You mentioned your gut function is poor...........have you tried Glutamine? It is one of the supplements that boosts phase 2 and helps the gut? I wish I could suggest something but it sounds like you will have to experiment ever so gently because of your sensitivities.