1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

far infrared saunas VS epson salt baths

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by EnduringAngel, Jun 7, 2014.

1. EnduringAngel

EnduringAngel

"Hampshire, UK"
    far infrared saunas VS epson salt baths

I was just wondering which of these is better for detox?

Also do they detox different things?
    Which is better for heavy metal poisoning?

Any advice appreciated.

A x

2. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Narcissism = lack of self awareness

Left Coast
    I just wanted to say I don't think either of these alone will detox heavy metals to the degree that you might need. Is this in addition to something else you are doing?

3. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    I would think that Infrared is more effective at detoxing, it is supposedly about 5 times more effective than a traditional sauna, at least that is the information that has been presented to me, could depend upon the infrared sauna you use/choose, they have technologies that are supposedly different and some claim that theirs is the best!

GG

4. manna

manna Senior Member

i couldn't do far infra red sauna myself. ive done epsom salt baths. you're not supposed to do them too much i don't think. im sure i was told once a week but ive heard folk do it more. i think you're supposed to lie in the bath till your body reaches its core temperature. and maybe longer i dunno, maybe someone else can clarify that. i forget the quantities too. i don't do them anymore,

theres at least 2 types of mercury toxicity, that i know. retention toxic and general. retention toxicity is harder to treat as the deposition concentration in the structure of the tissues is such that most treatments are unlikely to shift anything. then you made need some other kind of physical therapy to shift it. retention toxicity might be experienced as stitch in the back of the liver. that was my experience. retention toxicity is something i knew i had but hadn't named it that but was reading hal huggins book on mercury fillings and he mentioned it. it was like the first time i heard multiple chemical sensitivity and then knew other people must have it too.

if its general toxicity then maybe other treatments will work to shift it. certainly helping your digestion with diet is a sure way to help the body detox. ive always been organic to minimise adding anymore poisons to the list.

5. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    It depends as well if you can tolerate sulphur in the Epsom baths or sweat enough to benefit from the infrared saunas. I was left worse off after trying each of these (years apart from one another). I never started sweating from the sauna (although I know of another person who eventually did start to sweat) and i just got weaker and weaker. The epson salt baths (even showering after) left me feeling weak and poisoned.

6. liverock

liverock Senior Member

UK
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  7. EnduringAngel

EnduringAngel

"Hampshire, UK"
    Thanks so much for your replies. Basically I am severely ill and trying to sell as many possessions as possible to get some private tests done. I hardly have used my sauna, but I paid a fortune for it, im not well enough at the mo to use it, but hope in the future I may be.
    I didn't sweat much in it, but the heat did help my fibro, but to have to sauna and then shower after was too much.
    I did like salt baths as they helped pain, detox and helped my constipation.

I wanted to just detox generally and I know it wont get rid of all my heavy metal poisoning.. I have lots, mercury, aluminium, nickel and some others, such as copper.
    I use magnesium spray everyday for pain.

I just wondered if there had ever been a study comparing the two, but I guess there hasn't been.

Oh well, I think I prob will sell it, paid hundreds for it, if anyone in UK is interested do PM me.
    I got it from get fitt, and its mint condition. Its a sauna blanket, it cost around £500.

I dont have a bath at the mo, but hope I will when I move.
    Its so hard to know what to focus on when you have so many medical conditions, isn't it.

See more popular forum discussions.