• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Famvir?

Hi, just looking to see if anyone's had struggles taking Famvir and what you may have done to help it.

I do not want to punk out on yet another med, but I have been having really big troubles with meds the past year. Before that, not so sensitive.

I have pretty terrible abdominal pain as it is, but it seems like I'm getting some really intense pain in addition from the Famvir.

thanks

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Hi, just looking to see if anyone's had struggles taking Famvir and what you may have done to help it.

I do not want to punk out on yet another med, but I have been having really big troubles with meds the past year. Before that, not so sensitive.

I have pretty terrible abdominal pain as it is, but it seems like I'm getting some really intense pain in addition from the Famvir.

thanks

What dose are you on and how long have you been on famvir for?
Also what viruses have you tested positive for?
Any immune abnormalties found in blood work?

Gingergrrl

@Michael_venice I have the same questions as Heaps and wondering what dose you are taking and for which viruses?

For whatever reason, other than some initial headaches, I have had no problems with Famvir and I am incredibly sensitive to meds and have bad reactions to everything! I take 500 mg 3x/ day since beginning of August.

Hope you figure it out and get some relief soon!