1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Leptin
Andrew Gladman reflects upon the recent IACFS/ME conference and the buzz surrounding a small molecule, leptin.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Famvir or not?

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by maryb, Apr 22, 2012.

1. beaverfury

beaverfury beaverfury

West Australia
    Cipla Famvir US$112 for 30tabs of 250mg, Macleods US$48 for 30 tabs of 250mg.
    Thats a big price difference. I've often wondered about the quality of Indian generics.

I guess its a 'suck it and see',option.

God bless you, heaps! :)
    Youre worth more than all the randomized double blinded trials in the world. Stay safe.

I've been pussyfooting around with this sucky ailment, might have to go thermonuclear on its ass and trial famvir!!
    Tests first.:nerd:
    heapsreal likes this.
  2. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    buy the 500mg tabs and a pill cutter and cut in half for 250mg dose, works out cheaper then buying 250mg tabs seperately.

cheers!!
    merylg and L'engle like this.
  3. HTree

HTree

northeast
    Hi All,
    interesting thread. Dr. Rey/Klimas here in the U.S. prescribed just 125mg famvir 2x a day (total 250 mg). I very slowly worked up even to that dose, since i am so sensitive! So been on partial dose of this for month, but taking only full dose for a few days. Nothing bad yet :)
    My infections are EBV/HHV-6, and very low NK function.
    I wonder why such a low dose compared to others...I shall try to ask and report back (may be due to my low NK cells).
    She mentioned via extrapolation she though effective against EBV, and with the least side affects compared to other AVs. But I will try to ask for clarification...
    Peace
    Htree
    heapsreal and L'engle like this.

See more popular forum discussions.