1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Family and Chronic Fatigue Doctors in Toronto, ON?

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by stasik, Aug 7, 2013.

1. taroki

taroki Senior Member

Ontario, Canada
    So Dr. Karim Dhanani is the best in Toronto Area for chronic fatigue/Lyme? Good to know. I wish I had went to him instead of my inexperience naturopath (who ended up putting more mercury in my brain and 3 years of wasting money and going no where ...).
  2. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

there is also dr. david saul in north York. he used to do a lot of stuff but now focuses mostly on diet. still, might be worth a try.

there are also some infectious disease doctors who might help....provided you know what to ask for.

kharim dhanani doesn't have very good reviews on ratemds.com
  3. Graeme

Graeme almost there...

Montreal
    It depends what your needs are. It's always good to use OHIP wherever you can. It's hard to find those docs who know a little something about ME/CFS though. Kathleen Kerr would be the one I'd use, even if I don't think she's likely to enlighten me at this point of my disease. She's quite thorough and she's willing to try new things. This puts her in my good books. It will cost 3-4 hundred to get started with her as she runs a number of tests that aren't covered.

Dr Dhanani is the guy I'd use for alternative treatments of Lyme Disease. However I don't think there's anything he can offer that's going to turn the tides for me that I can't do for myself.
  4. yarnee

yarnee

desperation leads to desperate measures
  5. Rlman

Rlman

Toronto, Canada
    Thanks Graeme! I saw Dr. D he wants to do chelation challenge and also do challenge for Lyme with Artimisinin and then retest Igenex (which was neg the first time). I did not continue yet bc 1) did challenge test before and it gave me dangerous side effects 2) artimisinin is for babesia not borrelia from what I read, so not sure how well it will work. He says he needs tests bc he can't treat patients without proof they have the illness he is treating for. In an case, maybe Cutler chelation or using lyme herbs is something I can do myself. There is another ND in Richmond HIll who treats Lyme by the way with herbs, often while patients taking abx with LLMD.
  6. Rlman

Rlman

Toronto, Canada
    there's a herbalist in Uxbridge who treats Lyme, he has a website Ontario Lyme Clinic I think
  7. Buster

Buster

in my opinion Dr. Karim Dhanani is really just a charlatan for the most part. sorry to be so blunt but that is my opinion after having seen him and having heard from others who have seen him. Just my 2 cents :)
  8. Rlman

Rlman

Toronto, Canada
    hey Buster,can you share your experience with him?
  9. Buster

Buster

It has been several years, so details are sketchy. My recollection is that I got a bad vibe -- you know how if you've been at this a few years you can pick up that the doctor/naturopath is very sales driven? And that they will never say 'I can't help you', but instead have a multitude of solutions to sell you?

Here's an example of the sketchiness: at the end of the appointment his final pitch (to lock me into his program of supplements and treatments) was to ask me to take one shoe and sock off and then put my bare foot in his lap. He then put an 'electrode' on my foot and another on a bottle of pills and formed a circuit between my foot and the pill bottle through a machine (much like this one). He then rapidly went through an entire basket of pill bottles testing each one and when the machine responded with a high pitched squeal he'd say "yes, you need that one". He'd toss the pill bottle aside and grab another, and so on. By the time we were done he had a long list of supplements he said I needed to take. He told me to go see his receptionist on the way out and to give her the list, and buy the supplements (monthly), and book an appointment to come back and see him (every few weeks).
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
    Rlman likes this.
  10. taroki

taroki Senior Member

Ontario, Canada
    That sounds like muscle testing. Isn't it suppose to be quite effective? I remember reading about how Dr. Klinghardt uses it (Dr. Klinghardt is the leading doctor in treating Lyme/Mercury and I found all his information quite accurate and useful).
  11. Buster

Buster

no, it was not muscle testing -- check out the link to the video i provided. he did do a form of muscle testing at another point during the visit. again, it is my opinion that he is selling services that will not help PWME. i'm all for alternative treatments, but I'm writing this in order to save others the time/money/stress of a visit to his office. i'm sorry to say this but i believe he's an unethical guy.
  12. Gamboa

Gamboa Senior Member

Canada
    Sounds like complete quackery to me. There is no scientific evidence that this type of testing works what so ever. I really hope no one gets sucked in by this type of person. They should be banned from ripping people off like this. It is so sad that they prey on people like us who are so sick and desperate that we will try anything, no matter how ridiculous it is.
    Valentijn likes this.
  13. Rlman

Rlman

Toronto, Canada
    he did not do any of that testing with me, I thought he was pretty considerate and smart, he's the 1st doc who took lots of time to listen to my case and look at my blood test results. He spent over 2 hours with me. Also turns out artimisinin is anti-lyme as well, so his approach makes sense.
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2014

See more popular forum discussions.