Looking Ahead to Change: Little by Little
I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I don't think I ever really did, but the last decade or two would have been enough to stifle that impulse. I've just been too aware that I don't have that much control over what happens in my life.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

false info against this site..

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by taniaaust1, Feb 23, 2011.

1. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Is this a new tactic of the psychs and those who dislike all the truth nowdays put out there about CFS/ME? Could they be trying to get this site closed down or trying to make sure people dont listen to the things here? Anyway.. I did a comment there and thought I'd post things here so others may comment in support of here too.

http://www.scamchecker.com/report/c...enix-rising-me-cfs-forums-cort-johnson-scam-0

2. glenp

glenp "and this too shall pass"

Vancouver Canada suburbs
    I ignore

I don't bother to respond to such rubbish, I think it enourages some to do it more

glen

3. Dainty

Dainty Senior Member

Seattle
    As far as I can tell the main beef is that Cort "...does not have any degree in journalism let alone in any medical field."

Apparently they have a problem with Cort requesting donations to keep this site up and running. It seems that, according to them, only people with a degree in journalism have the right to report on things, especially *gasp* medical issues without an official medical background.

And they don't like the fact that on private websites it is a-okay to remove content that you don't appreciate.

Yep, they're just trying to produce dirt in a snowstorm. Let 'em. :p

4. SOC

SOC

Doesn't sound like anything anyone will take very seriously. I vote: Ignore it.

5. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    This sounds like "nofool" who used to post on ProHealth and eventually got banned for promoting this sort of rubbish. If it isn't him, it's somebody just as pathetic. I wouldn't give it another thought.

6. urbantravels

urbantravels disjecta membra

Los Angeles, CA
    I certainly wouldn't give that guy any clicks to his website.

7. Sean

Sean Senior Member

Pretty shabby and poisonous. Probably actionable as well, Cort.

Definitely don't click on the link and give him any more traffic.

8. Mya Symons

Mya Symons Mya Symons

Washington
    Wow, what a bunch of crap. I don't think this is the psychs though. Jealousy maybe? I am not going to write anything else even though I really want to because I don't want to start anything.

9. Marg

Marg Senior Member

Wetumpka Alabama
    false info against this site.

It is all a bunch of baloney! I don't know why there are people in the world that do such things. I agree ignore it!

Cort, you must be coming quite celb fo someone to think up such nonsense. Keep it up, you are helping so many and I don't know how you do it all. This site is the best, most informative, has the most intelligent people that care and the latest breaking news in the fight for this dreaful illness.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you do.

10. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Daren't click on the link - genuine medicine/research is peppered (like ME) with ignorant detractors - luckily few. Pretty unpleasant - ignore. This has to be the most pathetic "try on".

11. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    Wayne is correct. It's gotta be the same guy. All the blog posts are more than a year old. Apparently No Fool still doesn't have any new hobbies.

12. sleepy237

sleepy237 Senior Member

Hell
    Always someone with an axe to grind these days. Maybe they should go take up forestry.

See more popular forum discussions.