New Atmosphere, New Vision: Gibson and Whittemore Kick Off Invest in ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry reports on Dr. Gibson's introduction and Dr. Whittemore's keynote speech, at the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

False hope?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle Management' started by neweimear, Oct 6, 2017.

1. neweimear

neweimear Senior Member

I love that 'be here for the cure'....funny how hope always resurfaces

2. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    @neweimear I have not read this entire thread but just wanted to add my voice to please not give up hope yet. I was so inspired by you and your kids starting "Coins for a Cure" (I hope I am getting the title right) and you have a fighting spirit and there are still things to try when the timing is right. Maybe you will go to Kolibri for Rituximab or maybe you will find something else that improves your quality of life. But please do not give up hope... it is still out there. I was so close to giving up in 2015, when I was having daily anaphylaxis to all food and ended up in hospital, but am now so glad that I didn't.

3. neweimear

neweimear Senior Member

Thank you Gingergrrl. You inspire all of us here. I hope things are working out for you with the insurance and that u can continue treatment, after coming so far, there has to be a way forward for you. I appreciate your encouragement and words of hope x

ladycatlover and Gingergrrl like this.
  4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Senior Member

Vancouver, British Columbia
    The last one I was using for the past few years on and off was Life Extension Foundation's Two-per-Day multi. However, I've had the same problem in the past (without realizing the cause at the time) with other brands. For the time being I'm not taking anything at all but am considering slowly reintroducing some vitamins and minerals one at a time and see if I can figure out which one(s) is/are the culprit. Presently, I'm now trying to get my vitamins and minerals from my food, not supplements.

5. Chocolove

Chocolove Tournament of the Phoenix - Rise Again

@TigerLilea I hear you. All multis are not the same and there are some unscrupulous manufacturers out there who will sell you the cheaper non-absorbable or inactive form of an ingredient, or just fairy dust things in there, or include lots of binders, colorants and excipients that may be intolerable...or oils that have gone rancid.
    There are some major gut wrenchers out there that can really make things worse.

I've had very good luck with Andrew Lessman's Procaps Labs brand sold on HSN: Very high quality, no hard pills with binders and excipients, just fine ground powdered effective nutrients in gelatin capsules that are in easy to digest forms, very soothing to the gut.

Also Thorne brand has been a good excipient free and effective find for me.

6. Jesse2233

Jesse2233 Senior Member

Southern California
    I suspect the work of Lipkin, Nath, and Davis will converge nicely in next 3 years alongside Fluge / Mella's trials. It will not be a cure, but likely repurposed treatment options that will get 60-70% back to functionality

Starlight likes this.
  7. Groggy Doggy

Groggy Doggy Senior Member

I can't offer you advise, it's a personal decision. I can speak regarding my journey. I always had hope, found a great doctor, and have been taking repurposed meds for several years. My health has improved, and I am very happy.

notmyself and Invisible Woman like this.

See more popular forum discussions.