1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Fake Folates : Looking for Cyanide?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Asklipia, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Crux

Crux Senior Member

USA
    Hi cph13;
    Those are really nutritious vegetables...maybe better in a soup or stew, especially with the recipe that Asklipia describes...looks delicious!

Of course, I don't know what amount of extra potassium would be best for you, but the upper end of the RDA is 4000-4700 mgs. daily. ( that would be alot of kale!) Personally, I take more than most folks here, so I'm in the high dosing demographic. ( I take 2000-3000 mgs. of potassium daily, in divided doses. I take much of it in the morning, for regularity, usually 500 or more mgs.) But, the amount I take could be too much for others, so I recommend a slow careful titration.

I find that extra potassium in foods and supplements helps my anxiety and sleep.

Apologies here, I've wandered off- topic...

2. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    Asklipia What type of lettuce do you use in the stew?

3. Asklipia

Asklipia Senior Member

Little Bluestem likes this.
  4. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    HI Cph,

Costco at least has boneless leg of lamb, Australian, at 5.99/lb , delicious. Once a year in the spring a store around here carries lamb ribs which are very tasty. I use sea salt, garlic, thyme and rosemary to season the lamb before roasting. Another dish I like is a lamb stew with barley.

Radio and cph13 like this.
  5. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    Wow. I wish my supplement regimen was that simple:(

6. cph13

cph13 Senior Member

USA
    I managed to get the lamb @2.99lb. I had them butterfly it...Oh am I going to have fun cooking tomorrow, that is, if I eva get outta bed. I was in NYC today from 9am til 7pm. Saw the endo, had chinese (no additives) shopped like nuts and now I plan on being good for a few days. I have no choice. I'm DONE...Hugs C

7. Asklipia

Asklipia Senior Member

Boneless : We need the bones!!!!!!

cph13 likes this.
  8. cph13

cph13 Senior Member

USA
    LOL, I know, I just had them seperated (very cleanly, I may add) I roast them; than use them. It give another depth of flavor Asklipia...same with some roots I add to a v. high oven temp. It takes me 2-3 days to make a hungarian veal paprikash but it sure is worth it. Have a SUNNY,FUNNY Day!

9. cph13

cph13 Senior Member

USA
    Yikes, I just lost a whole post to U. AYAYAYAYA.
    OK, I'm still cooking. I am spoiled. My late DH did the shopping and scraping/ peeling of veggies ALWAYS. Actually he always made the beef stew. I trimmed the meat.
    Soooooo, I couldn't keep my hands off the meat while browning it which I did yesterday morning (that's probably why he took over the job). I shopped for the roots/herbs yesterday. I used to make my stew slowly in the oven many years ago. OVEN WON't LITE. Stove top is the difficult way.
    I will add the greens tomorrow....too tired today...that is...IF IT LASTS TIL TOMORROW.
    I'm on famvir...my feet are swelling and also hot. Freddd says, the heat is part of healing. The swelling DK. I read in length about the bain-dervi. I will get something for the toilet tomorrow. I love the idea.
    TODAY, I am using my foot bath with ice cubes and cold water..to help the swelling. Brilliant idea ....I thought. I was inspired by the Bain-Derif post.
    Thanks again Asklipedia for the recipe and the info on Bain-Derif. Have a great w/e everyone.

10. cph13

cph13 Senior Member

USA
    ==============I love too cook. It is so rewarding. What a meal this is. I'm licking the plate for sure. Again, THANK YOU for keeping an eye out for "us" Crux. Have a great week. Hugs C

11. Crux

Crux Senior Member

USA
    cph13;

Hi ;
    I've gotten into this situation many times now. Folate is very powerful, and finding out own correct dosage is difficult, because there's a lag time before it takes full effect. I would prefer to get it from diet alone, but like B12, I don't absorb it so well. ( But still, I don't need as high a dosage as other folks. However, I need more than most of the B12.) I've been on a 'seesaw', lately. It's getting better, I hope it does for you too!

Potassium is available in bulk powder. I take NOW brand potassium gluconate. You use measuring spoons,and dilute it with water. I think it's easier than capsules.

Magnesium oxide may be harder to absorb than the other types. ( chelates) Magnesium chloride is OK if stomach acid is low, but could burn if you don't need extra chloride. ( Folks here tend to take Mg.Glycinate, Gluconate, Taurate, or Threonate.)

I haven't tried the Life Extension brand, or the Klaire brand. ( Please let us know what you think.Use the symptoms list.) I'm sticking with the Enzymatic Therapy brand because it is the most effective I've tried, but I hope it's not the only one.

I'm beginning to love cooking too, now that I'm more used to cooking from scratch, and avoiding the fortified, readymade, fake folate junk.

Hugs to you too!

cph13 likes this.
  12. cph13

cph13 Senior Member

USA
    Crux have a great week....Sunshine and healing C

Crux likes this.
  13. Crux

Crux Senior Member

USA
    Hi C; Same to you, but more of it!
    About the dosage of MeCbl I'm taking-- I'm about 5-7mg. daily, still working on it.
    About the dosage of AdoCbl-- I've stopped for now until I stabilize the MeCbl. ( I'm trying to practice using these abbreviations that Freddd uses, and that we see in the reports.)
    ( I've been able to add Folate again, 100mcg. daily now. I'll increase slowly, but I don't think I'll need high dosages. 400-600 mcg. used to be good in my case.)

That's great news about the mag. chloride!

Thanks for finding Freddd's most recent symptoms list, it's a good one. ( you don't have to have every symptom, but even a few may indicate B12 deficiency.)

I'm a foodie too, we rarely go out, it's hard to trust. When we do go out, I just 'Bless it twice'.

BBFN

14. cph13

cph13 Senior Member

USA
    +++++yes, blessing it is a good thing LOL
    what does your closing BBFN mean????

I am v. grateful for all that Freddd shares. I am also grateful that people just jump in and help. This is a wonderful site with some AMAZING people. Be well XO C

15. Crux

Crux Senior Member

USA
    BBFN is an acronym for, " Bye Bye For Now".
    I thought it was what "Tigger" said in "Winnie the Pooh", but I looked it up, and apparently, Tigger would say, TTFN, "Ta Ta For Now".
    I prefer BBFN. It makes me smile.

cph13 likes this.
  16. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    According to Wikipedia, domesticated almonds don't have cyanide
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almond#Origin_and_history
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almond#Sweet_and_bitter_almonds

Little Bluestem likes this.
  17. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Just a comment on the "B17" Laetrile cure for cancer: it has been thoroughly debunked again and again. What convinced me was an Israeli claim which showed it was a miracle cure. They "cured" a whole lot of patients. It was much publicized. A year later a (UK?) journalist went to Israel for a follow up story. He (?) got a story alright. He tracked down every single patient. All dead. Of cancer.

Almonds and cashews are processed, stored or bred to eliminate cyanide. However wild cashews can kill you ... don't ever eat straight from a cashew tree, at least any of the original varieties.

A lot of these foods containing laetrile have other properties. They are extremely good nutition. So eating the food might indeed help with many things, even cancer.

cph13 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.