Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Failings of the Establishment Organisations Toward People with ME by IiME

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Countrygirl, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Countrygirl

Countrygirl ME is not MUS

UK
    http://www.investinme.org/IIME-Newslet-1706-02.shtml

Click on the link for the full document.

TiredSam, Aroa, Jo Best and 5 others like this.
  2. sarah darwins

sarah darwins I told you I was ill

Cornwall, UK
    The bit that comes after countrygirl's extract, featuring that "apathetic, negligent and incompehensibly arrogant response from Sir Bruce Keogh", is a stunning example of establishment hauteur, a real "let them eat cake" dismissal. Shocking.

3. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Rebel without a biscuit

Toronto
    Since this seems to indicated a new order and a regime change it would be good to do this over again while the new people are fresh. If they will be there for any length of time it would be good to subtly point out that as they go through their tenure they will look foolish indeed if they do not address the glaring neglect of people with ME as the rest of the world moves forward. All previous establishment people in these positions surely felt that business as usual would suffice and nothing would challenge the world order. This is no longer the case. Helping them to see that might be useful.

alex3619, JaimeS and sarah darwins like this.
  4. SamanthaJ

SamanthaJ Senior Member

I heard a radio programme a while back about Simon Stevens. Clare Gerada (Mrs Wessely) was described as a friend and former neighbour :(

Chrisb, Orla and BurnA like this.
  5. Jo Best

Jo Best Senior Member

Starlight and slysaint like this.
  6. Jo Best

Jo Best Senior Member

See more popular forum discussions.