1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Facebook Phobia a CFS issue?

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Sasha, Jun 28, 2011.

1. PhoenixDown

PhoenixDown Senior Member

UK
    This is simply not true. Facebook does not force you to give them your email account's password.

warriorseekspeace likes this.
  2. warriorseekspeace

warriorseekspeace

Florida
    There is a Chase Giving contest starting tomorrow. Any forum members considering joining FaceBook just to vote, but have questions?

Merry and Little Bluestem like this.
  3. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    This year, each person gets only 2 votes for the whole contest period through Facebook. If one uses the "bonus vote", it makes it three. In addition, if one is a Chase customer, one can get two votes through Chase on-line.

If you are thinking "why should I get involved with this?", I would say this is such a unique opportunity that it would be a real shame to pass up.

With just a few clicks of your mouse (which you are touching right now anyway), you can help one or more of these ME/CFS organizations earn much needed funding. This is really an easy one. You will feel good knowing that you did your part.

4. Mouse girl

Mouse girl

I did not "come out" on facebook as being ill until after I won my disability case. I use my real name.

It is safe to assume that anything you post on facebook under your real name is public. Even though, I keep up with the privacy settings, anyone can print out what you write and tell others about it etc. This is why many people have lost their jobs when they don't think about what they post. I don't put anything up that I wouldn't want people to know. So, I post cute pics of cats, or music vid, and I also use it to spread awareness of CFIDS. I try to space out my activist stuff with fun stuff so that I don't overload people with "sad" things. Keeps em more interested in me which makes my advocasy more effective. But, I would not have done any of this if I could have worked.

It's kinda a great way for grass roots advocasy. I've had alot of kind comments about good vids I've put up.

5. JonOno

JonOno

Facebook makes me bitter.

See more popular forum discussions.