The power and pitfalls of omics part 2: epigenomics, transcriptomics and ME/CFS
Simon McGrath concludes his blog about the remarkable Prof George Davey Smith's smart ideas for understanding diseases, which may soon be applied to ME/CFS.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Facebook Campaign logo JOIN IT!

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by MNC, May 6, 2010.

1. MNC

MNC Senior Member

thread cancelled -

2. Frickly

Frickly Senior Member

Texas
    I think this is an excellent Idea but cringe at the words "aids like illness". I don't think I want to tell all my friends and family I have an aids like illness. The limited understanding of our illness might cause otheres to think I have aids. I just couldn't put that on my facebook page. I also am not sure that people will be able to read it as the picture is very small once put on facebook. You might try and put on your page to check and might put less information on the logo so it is easy to read? Again....I do think it is a great idea.

3. MNC

MNC Senior Member

- thread cancelled -

4. usedtobeperkytina

usedtobeperkytina Senior Member

Clay, Alabama
    Without text is better.

"sick with unknown illness" isn't exactly correct. It is known, just very little is known about it.

It's illness of unknown cause.

Also, it isn't exactly correct to say "No funds for research." If that were true, there would be no research. It might be correct to say, "very little public money for research."

And "no disability pensions given" isn't true. Some with ME / CFS do receive disability.

And "no health care" would certainly be false. Many doctors are providing health care.

Tina

5. MNC

MNC Senior Member

For many (starting by me) there is no health care or disability pension while the research in my country is unexistant from public funds.

Never mind. Cancelled.

See more popular forum discussions.