• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Facebook Announces new Fundraising tools for Nonprofits

*GG*

I wouldn't support Facebook, if you can. They are not for true Liberty and competition! Besides, they do a lot of data mining! Why not use Kickstarter or GoFund me?

GG

Groggy Doggy

I wouldn't support Facebook, if you can. They are not for true Liberty and competition! Besides, they do a lot of data mining! Why not use Kickstarter or GoFund me?

GG
What about windows 10? After loading it when it first came out I quickly realized all the background stuff running. So I disabled everything I could in the security/privacy settings and warned my friends and family. Google/Facebook/Yahoo/ Amazon all seem to be selling our data. There is probably alot more with online shopping backgroud Ad apps too. I agree that Facebook wants to privatize the Internet, which I object too. I like GoFund me but it doesn't show up for public view until you have a minimum amount donated. I have not used Kickstarter.

*GG*

What about windows 10? After loading it when it first came out I quickly realized all the background stuff running. So I disabled everything I could in the security/privacy settings and warned my friends and family.

Google/Facebook/Yahoo/ Amazon all seem to be selling our data. There is probably alot more with online shopping backgroud Ad apps too. I agree that Facebook wants to privatize the Internet, which I object too. I like GoFund me but it doesn't show up for public view until you have a minimum amount donated. I have not used Kickstarter.

Yeah, i could update to Win 10 for free, but am not going to do it, since I heard it is horrible for privacy, and my Computer is older.

GG

acer2000

I know a lot of people are skeptical of Facebook, but I think its worth understanding this program once it rolls out. Facebook drives a huge amount of traffic, and if the terms are favorable it could be a positive thing.