The power and pitfalls of omics part 2: epigenomics, transcriptomics and ME/CFS
Simon McGrath concludes his blog about the remarkable Prof George Davey Smith's smart ideas for understanding diseases, which may soon be applied to ME/CFS.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Facebook Announces new Fundraising tools for Nonprofits

Discussion in 'Fundraising' started by acer2000, Nov 18, 2015.

1. acer2000

acer2000 Senior Member

Valentijn likes this.
  2. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    I wouldn't support Facebook, if you can. They are not for true Liberty and competition! Besides, they do a lot of data mining! Why not use Kickstarter or GoFund me?

GG

3. Groggy Doggy

Groggy Doggy Senior Member

What about windows 10? After loading it when it first came out I quickly realized all the background stuff running. So I disabled everything I could in the security/privacy settings and warned my friends and family. Google/Facebook/Yahoo/ Amazon all seem to be selling our data. There is probably alot more with online shopping backgroud Ad apps too. I agree that Facebook wants to privatize the Internet, which I object too. I like GoFund me but it doesn't show up for public view until you have a minimum amount donated. I have not used Kickstarter.

4. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    Yeah, i could update to Win 10 for free, but am not going to do it, since I heard it is horrible for privacy, and my Computer is older.

GG

5. acer2000

acer2000 Senior Member

I know a lot of people are skeptical of Facebook, but I think its worth understanding this program once it rolls out. Facebook drives a huge amount of traffic, and if the terms are favorable it could be a positive thing.

See more popular forum discussions.