• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

eyes dilating on their own along with nausea?????

Tammie

I have had problems with nausea a lot for a few years now and have not yet been able to figure out the cause(s)....still working on it

However, I have noticed that lately some of the times when I am feeling nauseous and my vision is weird, my eyes are also dilated (I am not on meds and I have not been getting them dilated at the eye Dr - I actually have an allergy to the stuff they use so I never get that done)

Anyway, if I then throw up my eyes go back to normal and I feel less nauseous.

Anyone have ANY idea about this or have this happen to them????? This is so weird and I am soooo tired of puking......would love to know what is going on.

Enid

Not much use to you Tammie but just to say I had visual problems when very unwell. The eye muscles would not readjust to differences in light or distance for a while. The Optician found nothing wrong. I hope it will be a passing phase for you too.