• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Eye problems, please advise!

Tiger Lily 813

My background: Sensitive nervous system for 10 yrs, MCS, maybe chronic Lyme or related infection, probably leaky gut, long term adrenal fatigue & recent (Nov '13) adrenal burnout-
I’m currently working on eliminating candida and slowly beginning methylation via low dose methylfolate/B12.

My current flare up is that I’m having eye problems, very watery, cornea kind of smaller than usual, very irritated by the outside cold/wind, losing some eyelashes : ( sometimes there is random strong burning/watering for about a minute (about once a day this happens), a little redness overall but not like pink eye.
When I wake up there is gunk in the cornea areas, light yellowish and some black (gross I know, sorry).
Please let me know if you’ve found remedies that helped you with problems like these!!! Or know what they are associated with! I am going to my doctor Monday, but he doesn’t have much in depth knowledge of my ongoing conditions.

What I am taking:
Methylfolate 400mcg/day
B12 5000mg/day
Zinc I keep forgetting to take but trying to remember to take 20mg/day
Sometimes a spoonful of food grade diatomaceous earth in water
Vitamins A,D,B complex, C, multivitamins.
Olive leaf, MSM, Omegas, CoQ10 & other natural supplements that are anti-bacterial/anti-fungal/anti-parasitic

Thank you so much!!

peggy-sue

It sounds like fairly normal conjunctivitis, nasty, but should clear up with antibiotic cream stuff. It can taste a bit nasty when it goes down the back of your throat.
I hope so, and that it's nothing more serious than that. good luck.