Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Extensive interview with Jarred Younger

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Bob, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    Extensive interview with Jarred Younger
    This was posted on 28th March 2016.
    Video, audio and transcript.

http://selfhacked.com/2016/03/29/dr...ch-on-cfs-neuroinflammation-pain-and-fatigue/

An audio format had been uploaded to SoundCloud, here.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  2. Marco

Marco Grrrrrrr!

Near Cognac, France
    Thanks Bob. That was quite interesting and covered a lot of ground - some good, some less so from my perspective.

The standount (and new) point for me was that Younger stated that he has also found that the relationship between leptin levels and bad days also stands for fibromylagia. That is in ME/CFS higher leptin correlates with higher fatigue and in fibro with higher pain levels. So the leptin connection isn't specific for fatigue although as he also states leptin per se isn't the problem (as it is still at physiological levels) but that it may enhance the underlying problem.

He also said the fibro study should be out within a week.

Kati and Bob like this.
  3. jimells

jimells Senior Member

northern Maine
    I was fascinated to read that Dr Younger started out studying hypnosis.

For some reason I was under the impression that he was studying ME, but really from the interview it seems like he is mostly studying pain and fatigue.

Edit to add: Silly me. I see that "Pain" and "Fatigue" are right there in the name of his lab. Doh!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016

See more popular forum discussions.