Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

EXPLAINING ME/CFS BY A TEXT WITH KEY POINTS ABOUT THE DISEASE

Discussion in 'Lifestyle Management' started by lauluce, Nov 4, 2016.

?

have any of your relatives ever agreed to read anything about ME/CFS?

1. never

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. a little

10 vote(s)
    47.6%
  3. a lot

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  4. some of them do more reasearch than myself

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. they consider my will to be informed about ME/CFS a manifestation of mental disease

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. lauluce

lauluce as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope

argentina
    Hi, like many of you, I'm having severy trouble making my family members understand what ME/CFS is, but recently I published some abridged description of Lyme disease including symptoms, the way its adquired, etc and I found my mother calling me worried on the phone asking me to protect my child from ticks, based on what she learned of that facebook post. First time I got a member of my fimily interested in learning ANYTHING about a disease that is at least in many ways similar to ME/CFS, including the lack of support by relatives, an the "is all in your head" stigma. In wondered if somebody could lead me to some introductory short text to ME/CFS to publish in my facebook as I did with the lyme disease one. I would create one myself, but I just don't have the energy and the cognitive power to do it right now :(. Thank you in advance!

-Jessie-, erin, Comet and 2 others like this.
  2. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

-Jessie-, erin, Comet and 3 others like this.
  3. lauluce

argentina
    thanks! now i just have to translate it to spanish and make it shorter... but its easier than do it from scratch!

Jennifer J and AndyPR like this.
  4. lauluce

argentina
    this paragraph called my attention: "But it also has other symptoms, such as waking up feeling drained or like you have a hangover. Most of these patients take more time (up to two hours) to transition from sleeping to awake activity. " I never read that anywhere else... that's exactly what happens to me, I have to RECOVER FROM SLEEPING. It must sound crazy to a healthy person, right?

purrsian, -Jessie-, Mel9 and 6 others like this.
  5. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

Mel9, lauluce, Jennifer J and 2 others like this.
  6. lauluce

argentina
    Mel9 and AndyPR like this.

See more popular forum discussions.