• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Experiences with Prescript Assist SBOs

I know there's already a thread about probiotics. But I'm interested specifically in what people's experience has been with Prescript Assist. I have had a bottle of it for months and have been too chicken to try it after some bad experiences with other probiotics. So far Ben Lynch's Probiota Bifido is the only one I've been able to tolerate.

ebethc

Overall, I've had a good experience w P.A. I get a lot of gut infections, and it's by far the most effective tool I have on hand for knocking out a gut infection and knocking it out quickly... It's not cheap, but compared to other approaches for knocking out gut infections, it's cost effective. I wish I had discovered it earlier.

P.A. is not a cure for gut infections; I'm currently doing a SIBO protocol to try to get to the root of the problem. So, not a miracle worker, either. BTW - I'd encourage you to talk to your doctor about getting a SIBO test, and do some reading on protocols. (e.g. the rx antibiotics, rifaximin is less effective than herbs, per the John Hopkins study. However, the herbs don't have great efficacy - only ~50% - unless done w low-carb, no probiotic diet at the same time...Rifaximin is ~$1k-2k and not necessarily covered by insurance, either, so the (expensive) herb protocol is still often times cheaper than rifaximin route.. But first get the test, and do your homework.).

P.A. tends to make me a little tired, so if I'm already excessively fatigued, I use it sparingly. (eg, in the winter months when it's cold, damp and dark... all my symptoms flare). I also make sure to take it at bedtime... It's not a big problem, but if you have fatigue issues to begin with, you have to be vigilant about what gives or depletes energy.... BTW, haven't heard anyone else complain about this, so probably not a big issue w P.A. in general, and it's not even a deal breaker for me...

Seven7

Seven
In the thread of elph88 he mentioned that they do not colonize like they go through. Is this correct??? I am glad this thread was open because I have questiones too.
About how I do, I do a few toguether so I couldn't tell you what is doing what but overall the mix I am doing does great.

Basilico

Florida
My husband and I both took Prescript Assist and it didn't seem to do anything (there were no changes or reactions either positive or negative).

ebethc

In the thread of elph88 he mentioned that they do not colonize like they go through. Is this correct??? I am glad this thread was open because I have questiones too.
About how I do, I do a few toguether so I couldn't tell you what is doing what but overall the mix I am doing does great.

I've heard that all probiotics go through (do not colonize) BUT sbo's can colonize... I am too tired to track down the info to verify this...It's a good question.

However, if it's effective, then does it matter?? e.g., for me it's the the fastest & cheapest way to kill my frequent stomach bugs... A friend recently said this to me, ie, probiotics don't colonize, meaning why bother taking them... I think she missed the point... Name a medicine that where you take it once and you're done... they exist, but they're few and far between.... if you take antihistamines, statins, insulin, some cancer drugs, it's an ongoing protocol.

Check into VSL#3
I've heard only one bad experience about it.

But, it saved my life so it's all ok.
Expensive, but as your dose decreases, the product lasts longer. so the $ isn't all that bad if it can save lives.

Check Amazon, or your local drugstore. It's kept refrigerated in their cold box.
I get the vanilla flavor. It mixes better...no clumping. / Get the Sachet form !! not capsules

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Check into VSL#3
I've heard only one bad experience about it.

But, it saved my life so it's all ok.
Expensive, but as your dose decreases, the product lasts longer. so the $ isn't all that bad if it can save lives.

Check Amazon, or your local drugstore. It's kept refrigerated in their cold box.
I get the vanilla flavor. It mixes better...no clumping. / Get the Sachet form !! not capsules
VSL#3 contains histamine inducing strains. My experience with it was that it made me itch for two months straight after one half dose. But I know others with MCAS etc who can take it. If you try it, take it slowly.

the occurrence of the one bad experience that I knew about before yours, was a perforation of the gut ... caused leaky gut symptoms ; and one more major surgery for a member in here , so I won't discuss it.

My own experience is that it has done the job to save me (to this point !)My gut was a wreck and VSL#3 took it over, killed the bad guys, and saved me a lot of pain. I was certainly heading out the door at the time. . . the door to what ever's next. It saved me.

We are not all the same, so we will get different results with the same things.Follow the directions for the 1st week or so until you know it's compatible. Then start killing that candida, C.diff , etc. with some therapeutic doses.