• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Experiences with Homeo KMAF?

knackers323

I am having my nagalase retested in the next two weeks. It will likely take another 6-8 weeks to get the results, but I'll post those here.

The only place I know to purchase Homeo-KMAF (now called Homeo K.Guard) is www.biopure.eu

Hi thanks for your reply. That would be great if you could post your test levels. Do you feel using it has helped any of your symptoms?

Symptomatic

Please read through this thread, as my levels *have* been posted here (see 5/24/13 entry for latest). Still don't have my current results back, it may be another 3 weeks or so.

Not sure if this is helping with symptoms, as I'm on a variety of other meds as well. Hard to say what's helping with what.

Symptomatic

Nagalase test results:
Oct 2012: 1.80
April 2013: 1.20
Nov 2013: 1.30

I've been using Homeo-KMAF, 10 drops 2X/day during that time.

Bummed to see the number hovering/increasing, rather than decreasing.

Have others (regardless of which MAF you're using) plateaued like this? Did you need to increase your dose to continue to see a reduction of nagalase?

Wondering if it's time for me to consider injectable Gc-MAF?

Last edited:

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Nagalase test results:
I've been using Homeo-KMAF, 10 drops 2X/day during that time.

Bummed to see the number hovering/increasing, rather than decreasing.

Have others (regardless of which MAF you're using) plateaued like this? Did you need to increase your dose to continue to see a reduction of nagalase?

Wondering if it's time for me to consider injectable Gc-MAF.

With injectable mine went steadily down.

Sushi

Sushi

What was your nagalase when you started, and what is it now? How long have you been using Gc-MAF?

I have been using injected GcMAF since Jan 2011. My first nagalase test was before they had perfected the test, i.e. it was experimental and failed. So my first successful test was after taking GcMAF for about 6 months. It was 1.8 if I remember correctly. My last test in March was .7.

Sushi

Symptomatic

I have been using injected GcMAF since Jan 2011. My first nagalase test was before they had perfected the test, i.e. it was experimental and failed. So my first successful test was after taking GcMAF for about 6 months. It was 1.8 if I remember correctly. My last test in March was .7.

Sushi

Thanks!

Dose/frequency? 100 ng, once a week?

Have you had any herxing due to your immune system kicking in?

Sushi

Thanks!

Dose/frequency? 100 ng, once a week?

Have you had any herxing due to your immune system kicking in?

100 ngs a week is way, but way too high a dose for me. I took 50 ngs for a few months but got too much inflammation. Now I take 25 ngs. per weeks. No herxing, just feeling better and things like herpes simplex clearing up, canker sores, etc.

GcMAF keeps me stable and much more functional. Seems to prevent crashes for me.

Sushi

Shoesies

So Sushi? Is your nagalase near normal yet? I am 10-11 months in an take a full gcmaf.eu dose weekly. I am better, I function at maybe 65-75% of what normal once was. My doctor just did new nagalase test wants me to top shots until it comes back. I have a little inflammation coming back - not sure what is causing it. Still on herbals, supplements and cautious diet. I confess to eating poorly around American Thanksgiving and I have been quite active. I want to LIVE - so I donate time to youth projects and lead the band at church. I just do not EVER want to go back where I was. Kinda scary.

Sushi

So Sushi? Is your nagalase near normal yet? I am 10-11 months in an take a full gcmaf.eu dose weekly. I am better, I function at maybe 65-75% of what normal once was. My doctor just did new nagalase test wants me to top shots until it comes back. I have a little inflammation coming back - not sure what is causing it. Still on herbals, supplements and cautious diet. I confess to eating poorly around American Thanksgiving and I have been quite active. I want to LIVE - so I donate time to youth projects and lead the band at church. I just do not EVER want to go back where I was. Kinda scary.

My nagalase is dead center normal now.

Sushi

Sushi

It sounds like you're still doing the injections though, is that correct? When is it OK to stop (or do you plan to stay on a "maintenance" dose)?

Yes, I am still doing the injections. When and if you stop seems to be individual. My doctor wants me to continue and, in my experience, if I do take a break from them, I feel a bit worse. So, yes, at this point I am staying on a maintenance dose.

Sushi

Symptomatic

I guess I am due for another Nagalase test...still taking the Homeo-KMAF, but still considering the injectable.

For anyone ordering Gc-MAF from gcmaf.eu, are you providing them with the "required" updates every two months?

Symptomatic

Results are in, and they are getting better! And this is by far the fastest turnaround of results I've had from HDRI.

Nagalase test results:
May 2014: 0.98

Taking 10 drops of Homeo-KMAF 2X/day. Have also been taking a variety of other things, including Benicar (40 mg, 4X/day), antibiotics, and earlier this year added Olive Leaf Extract.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@Symptomatic
do you take the Benicar for high blood pressure?
Which antibiotics have you been taking?

Glad to see your Nagalase levels come down, I'm sure you're quite elated.....really good news.
Mine have been 2.30 and 2.50:(

Symptomatic

@maryb

I'm taking Benicar for high 1,25D / hypercalcemia / inflammation. My original post on page 1 of this thread gives my history.

My most recent CRP was 3.4, which is an all-time low for me. I'd like to see that go down further.

Antibiotics are Minocycline and Azithromycin. I also take low-dose naltrexone, low-dose Armour thyroid, and progesterone. And molybdenum, Vitex, and P5P.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@Symptomatic
ah I see now why you're taking the Benicar. Thanks.
Sorry I'm not up to reading too much, I know its annoying when you have to keep repeating yourself though. What infection are you treating with the a/biotics? Please just point me to the page if you've already explained that.

Results are in, and they are getting better! And this is by far the fastest turnaround of results I've had from HDRI.

Nagalase test results:
May 2014: 0.98

Taking 10 drops of Homeo-KMAF 2X/day. Have also been taking a variety of other things, including Benicar (40 mg, 4X/day), antibiotics, and earlier this year added Olive Leaf Extract.
Late to the party here, but wanted to describe my experience w/GcMAF & MAF 314. When I started injectable GcMAF, I definitely developed IRIS, but it did not move my nagalase or calcitriol levels much, if at all. Eventually, I stopped taking the injectable, as I was feeling nothing from it, and switched to the probiotic MAF 314. Within a month, my nagalase dropped from 4.0 to 0.6. My NK counts also rose and my CD4 count rose by 25%. My calcitriol became elevated at 78, only to drop and settle around 50. So, all of the labs looked good, but again, I felt nothing.

However, my doctor wanted me to go off of it, thinking that dropping nagalase to slightly above normal was good for CFIDS patients and any lower could provoke IRIS. My nagalase has remained @ 0.6 for at least two years now. I don't know anything about homeopathic GcMAF, but I do think going low and slow is a good approach. Part of me wonders if I wouldn't be feeling better had I gone lower and slower with the MAF 314, maybe taking a quarter as much or not taking it daily or using less colostrum, given the favorable impact on my immune system.