Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.
  1. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Exercise - Effects of

Hartz

[FONT=&quot]7. How long after moderate or strenuous levels of physical activity do you usually remain fatigued?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]<o:p></o:p>[/FONT]​
    <!--[if !supportLists]-->
    • q[FONT=&quot]I currently do not participate in moderate or strenuous physical activity[/FONT]
    • q[FONT=&quot]Less than 12 hours[/FONT]
    • q[FONT=&quot]12 to 24 hours[/FONT]
    • q[FONT=&quot]24 to 48 hours[/FONT]
    • q[FONT=&quot]3 or more days[/FONT]
    <!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->

Esther edit - My recovery rate seems to vary massively. Sometimes I can rest up and feel fine a couple of hours later - other times I'll be exhausted for days, other times it will hit me the day after activity. Would an option for 'Delayed onset' be worthwhile? 'Highly variable' too? Also - my definition of moderate exercise would be very different to a healthy persons. Would it be better to alter 'after moderate or strenuous levels of physical activity' to 'after periods when you exert yourself most heavily'? as otherwise a lot of people might click 'I do not...' and we'd miss out on data.

See more popular forum discussions.